Whats the best air combat game?

It depends on what era you wish to play. Jet or propellor?

I've been really enjoying the IL-2 and Pacific Fighter games. You can't beat them in the category of WWII flight simulator.

I wouldnt select Falcon 4.0 for a begineer. Go with LOMAC (Lock-on Modern Air combat) its by the same producer as IL-2 (which is great). Plus you get 8 different aircraft as opposed to just one.

mmarsh said:
I wouldnt select Falcon 4.0 for a begineer. Go with LOMAC (Lock-on Modern Air combat) its by the same producer as IL-2 (which is great). Plus you get 8 different aircraft as opposed to just one.

definitely Lock on...

and for ww2 propeller stuff.. Pacific fighters and IL2.. and Combat Flight simulator 2&3 awesome!

I also go this one called, WW2 combat.

Janes WWII Fighters is an old game it came out about 3-4 years ago. I play most of the sims, if you want gunslinger aircraft IL-2 is the way to go, unless you can wait until BOB comes out late next year. Otherwise if you want jets, as I said: LOMAC.

If you want a REALLY GOOD sub sim. Silent Hunter III

Last edited:
ahhh well I like the plane games that ubisoft creates. I also like CFS 2&3..

whats BOB? and silent hunter? they any similar? any sites bout em?

and I do agree with lock on

whats BOB? and silent hunter? they any similar? any sites bout em?

BOB = Battle of Britain (Come'on Macbeth your're an Englishman you should know that!!! :wink:)

Im just teasing you. Seriously though, the creator of IL-2 is a Russian named Oleg Maddox he is the CEO of 1C:Maddox Games. His next game which will use an entire new engine will be based on BOB. But its still along way in devolpment. Eariest date is Fall 2006 which probably means sometime 2007. So you'll have to wait. There is another BOB game that just came out called BOB: Wings of Victory its basically a graphic update of an old BOB game that came out in 2002. So for the time being Im sticking to IL-2 and Pacific Fighters. There are a whole lot of different add-ons (different planes, maps, etc.) you can get by 3rd party developers for these 2 games. Lastly there is multiplayer, be warned however there are some very good pilots on ubisoft site, newbies are generally considered fresh meat.

Silent Hunter III, also by Ubisoft (gotta love those Frenchies :thumb: ). This is a U-boat sim. If you like anything to do with submarines this is the sim. Its basically a flight sim underwater. Very detailed, you'll learn how to track a target, calculate torpedo solutions and escape British/American Destroyers. The cool thing is like IL-2 its got a fully dynamic campaign, which means no 2 missions are the same everything is random.

Again this is a sim not a arcade so you'll need to expect a learning curb. But its art.

thats grand!! guess ill have to wait.. :( All I want is better, newer plane games that have better graphics. The old BOB is just...old..

Yep, am an ace in the skies! 8) but am not very much a multiplayer type anyway..

As for the submarines stuff, yeah, i like that too.. used to have a bunch of submarine sims back then..

well man, keep me updated will you! 8)

merci beaucoup :m1:

Back