What's been going on in Iraq?

Well said Doody. The truth is in Iraq itself, if anyone seeks it just ask someone that's been there.

Charge_7 said:
I am too lazy to write about all of those

you did not answer what happened with WMD?

I'm not going to answer for your laziness by taking this discussion off topic. The point I made was clear. You have nothing to say against the accomplishments except that we shouldn't be there to begin with. Since you're too lazy to write about the other 16 achievements, how about this; how many of those do you think would be so if Saddam was still in power? How many would never be so if Saddam was still in power?

as I said all of 16 achievements are something to admire, I do not have to repeat something I already said. my point was clear. but ser there is one thing I can realy give you credit- skill to avoid answer to important questions. my question is stil valid-what happened to WMD?

serb, what part of stay out of my thread didn't you understand? If you wish to pose a question about weapons of mass destruction and where they were smuggled off to, start your own thread. This thread is about the positive things happening in Iraq and I will not allow you to hijack it or turn it into your own little anti American rant, understand?

dude, even i admit that these achievements are something to regard well, here in NZ we take our news from both the BBC, ITV as well as US sources...so we manage to piece a pretty good picture (better than most IMO)

Iraq IS calming down, an impact is being made on the insurgents (freedom fighters/resistance etc etc!)...just as much by ordinary iraqis as by US forces.

the US invasion was illegal IMHO and the reasoning on WMD's was dodgy at best

however, the long term results of the way the US administration handled the lead up to the war will be shown eventually.

that shouldn't take away from what troops on the ground are able to acheive, they are (for the most part) good soldiers wanting to help, the sins of the administration are not theirs...

IMHO

Guys as far as "neutral" goes, I think this event is too big and too recent (heck it's still going on) for anyone to be truly neutral.
Usually we have to wait a few years after the dust settles for people to really understand what happened.

Back