Whats the actual view on this.

Ryan17

OK first off i have had my privite pilots lic. for almost 4 years. I am wanting to fly for the marrines after college. Or thats my goal. I have had alot of people tell me that the millitary looks down on people that already have flying experence. Can anyone tell me if this is true!

Thanks
Ryan

its not that they look down on it, its just taht they dont want people who have the experience of flying acting like they know everything b/c flying a jet or a helicopter is much different from flying a cessna. its the same as learning to shoot, normally people who never touched a weapon before shoot better than those who have gone to the range b/c they havnt picked up any bad habbits or headstrong ways.

MilidarUSMC said:
its not that they look down on it, its just taht they dont want people who have the experience of flying acting like they know everything b/c flying a jet or a helicopter is much different from flying a cessna. its the same as learning to shoot, normally people who never touched a weapon before shoot better than those who have gone to the range b/c they havnt picked up any bad habbits or headstrong ways.
I kinda figured it was somthing like that is.
Thanks
Ryan

so just follow what they say and learn from them and no-one will look down on ya, besides, more power to ya for flying already, i want my pilots license :)

MilidarUSMC said:
so just follow what they say and learn from them and no-one will look down on ya, besides, more power to ya for flying already, i want my pilots license :)

yeah im a preaty open minded person so that wont be a problem. and you need to get it, its the funniest thing i can do in my life.

Im pretty much doing the same as u i guess ryan, except i dont have my ppl would love it tho your lucky. its so damn expensive over here to get it though

Back