What are your suggestions for dealing with Fallujah?

:lol: So you're saying your paratroops are better trained than our SF? I'm gonna have to call bullsh*t on that one.
And correct me if I'm wrong, but the Ghurkas are no longer under the command of the British since India gained its independence (but yes, they do have quite a reputation for ferocity).

As far as that RPG hit on the Abrams is concerned, we have a whole thread devoted to that:

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1066

And related to that, how many Challenger 2s are in-country? Forgive me for my ignorance, but I was unaware that any British armor was deployed in Iraq.

yes, you're wrong we still very much have the Gurkhas regiments (btw did anyone else know that they go round holding hands?! I was very surprised when i saw that on
There is definitely a few regiments of Challenger 2's in Iraq, i dont know of the numbers but there are a fair few (i know definitely that 1 Bat. is in Iraq because they are the NBC guys). Heard a funny story yesterday from one of my mates about a challenger convoy: convoy driving across flat desert type area, all of a sudden a crazy arab jumps on to the tank next to my mates and starts just shooting it with his AK, the crew in that tank actually were not aware that this was happening, then they suddenly heard the words "HESH in!" over the radio and the next tank had actually fired the cannon at the arab and plucked him straight off! Bit unnecessary but there you go.

Redneck, youthful exhuberent that he is, Ben is right about the Gurkhas. Under the rules of partition in 1947, Britian kept 5 Regiments (US Battalion equivilents) and the rest went to the Indian Army. Not sure if Pakistan retained the rights to any. Britian now has two Gurkha infantry Battalions that serve in all theatres except Northern Ireland, and in addition Gurkha signals, Gurkha Logistics and Queen's Gurkha Engineers troops. There have recently been attempts in the high courts to bring Gurkha pay and conditions of service into line of that of a British soldier - at present they are different. However, under terms set up in 1947, Britian must match the terms and conditions set by India, and with India having around 60,000 Gurkhas under arms that is not about to happen soon, nor will it while we still have around 200 Nepalese apply for every single place in British Gurka recruit training.

Well, not really. When it comes to reputation i would argue that, as i said, the paras or the gurkhas have a much stronger and more respected reputation, especially when they are considered to be better soldiers than delta, even though they are not on paper SF.

Ben, your ignorance continues to amaze me.

gjc said:
Redneck, youthful exhuberent that he is, Ben is right about the Gurkhas. Under the rules of partition in 1947, Britian kept 5 Regiments (US Battalion equivilents) and the rest went to the Indian Army. Not sure if Pakistan retained the rights to any. Britian now has two Gurkha infantry Battalions that serve in all theatres except Northern Ireland, and in addition Gurkha signals, Gurkha Logistics and Queen's Gurkha Engineers troops. There have recently been attempts in the high courts to bring Gurkha pay and conditions of service into line of that of a British soldier - at present they are different. However, under terms set up in 1947, Britian must match the terms and conditions set by India, and with India having around 60,000 Gurkhas under arms that is not about to happen soon, nor will it while we still have around 200 Nepalese apply for every single place in British Gurka recruit training.

gjc :) excellent information mate.......those Gurka regiments are world famous and rightly so.

Reply to cristos,

man are you crazy!!!! that would mean viatnam 2!!!!! I mean, seriuosly ive posted some pretty bad posts myself, but to pull out of iraq and run would be insanity!!!!! :evil: :x

Mod note:Keep it civil about face.

I agree with Mark conely and future ranger, put both of there ideas together and wallah!!! the perfect stategy!!! :2guns: :9mm: :m16shoot: :rambo: :biggun:

i say

I say we have tank divisions surround it go in then the next day or 2 send in infantry to take the streets. Then return to camp. From there bob the hell out of it and send both the tamks and infantry, but have helocoter support after the insertion is complete.

the fallujah ordeal

how about we disarm the whole country, and then rebuild it, then give them controlled weapons back when they behave. Letting the iraqis keep weapons is like saying "ok nazis, we won, but you guys can still keep your tanks and u boats, and use them on us." does a felon in the US get to keep a weapon? NO! we basically busted the whole country for a felony. disarm them, then build em up. as for fallujah, we need to make an example out of it. they want to play games, we'll play games. you want to kill coalition troops? OK, that's fine, brigade time on target mission! BOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBBOOM!

Here is the solution to everything there: get $25 billions, shave and shower Saddam, dress him up, rebuild his army with US equipment, give him all his cash back and return Iraq under his rule for another 20 years...
3 good things out of it:
1- in 20 years, Iraquis might be more opened to democracy
2- Saddam has to rely on US made equipment and trade parts and upgrade for oil or $$$ and our economy booms
3- Al Sadr and the unhappy rest can enjoy US made wood chippers without the world complaining

What about sending all our peace-mongers to demonstrate for peace back there...they could chain themselves to burned cars and looted shops or hug a charred tree, preach peace and cultural understanding, promote abortion, Gay marriage, American idol, affirmative action, equality for women, peace and love, and show the insurgents the REAL FACE OF AMERICA. That should work all right...the beheaders would fall in love with a promiscuous "All American" girl and join them for the next Gay Pride parade. They would be butt naked but that wouldn't be an abuse!

Well This is going to be a long post lol
First off to set the record straight. You cannot nuke Fallujah. I know their are a lot of people out there who think this. This cannot be done. For a nuke to leave the "victor zone" of any base, you must have president approval. Now, lets think about this for a lil while sending a nuke to a city where their are civilians is in clear violation of the Geneva Convention and which would make that move illegal. Now even if he wanted to he would have to keep it on the downlow. But, you have the pilot who drops the bomb, his wing commander, the crew chief who loads it, the troops on the ground must be alerted so friendly fire doesnt occur and that already is just a lil too many people to be let running around. Now, with that said, you cannot fire on a city with civilians in it in an attempt to run out the hostiles or to run out the friendlies for it is a clear defiance of the GC. So, we must think of other ways. I say we send in a small team of seals specialized in sniping and take out the cleric Al Sadr personally. But, then again, thats just my thoughts..Im not opposed to an F-16 dropping a nuke on the city(though the pilot would be commiting suicide...) but still..Oh and another thing, all B-52's have big belly mods done on them... and its no longer called napalm lol their was too much soap in the agent so they took some out and renamed the compound so it wouldnt be illegal. Enjoy.

I think anyone who said nuke is obviously exagerating and speaking in jest.

I think we needed to get Al Sadr before this escalating into a huge hullabaloo. April 6th would have been a good day.

Brogan said:
I say we send in a small team of seals specialized in sniping and take out the cleric Al Sadr personally.

Well, first we should send in the Rambo Recon Rangers, you know - just to get a little intel for those "seal" teams that specalise in sniping.

Back