THIS IS WHAT YOUR PRESIDENT THINKS ABOUT SERVICE RELATED INJURIES

babsvet

THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE MOST OUTRAGEOUS STATEMENT EVER MADE
BY A PUBLIC OFFICIAL LET ALONE BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.
AND THIS GUY IS OUR "COMMANDER IN CHIEF". HE IS A DISGRACE.
UNBELIEVABLE PRESIDENT???
HERE IS HIS RESPONSE WHEN HE BACKED OFF FROM HIS DECISION TO
REQUIRE THE MILITARY PAY FOR THEIR WAR INJURIES.
WHAT AN EMPTY HEADED PERSON HE MUST BE....
Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by comedian Jon
Stewart, led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to require veterans carry
private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 million annual cost to the federal
government of treatment for injuries to military personnel received during their tours on
active duty. The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the
opposition to his proposal.
"Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys
go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about
bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute..." "I thought these were people
who were proud to sacrifice for their country, "Obama continued "I wasn't asking for
blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have
thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit. I
guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."
Please pass this on to every one including every vet and their
families whom you know. How in the world did a person with this mindset become our
leader? I didn't vote for him!!! REMEMBER THIS STATEMENT... "Nobody made these
guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about
bearing the costs of their choice?" If he thinks he will ever get another vote from an
Active Duty,
Reserve, National Guard service member or veteran of a military service he
ought to think it over.. If you or a family member is or has served their country please
pass this to them. Please pass this to everyone.
I'm guessing that other than the 20-25 percent hardcore liberals in the
US will agree that this is just another example why this is the worst president in
American history. Remind everyone over and over how this man thinks, while he bows to

the Saudi Arabian king.

$1 says you don't see a source.
Personally I'm not an Obama supporter, but I gotta defend him against this one. I seriously doubt that anybody who isn't stoned or stupid would say that.

$1 says you don't see a source.
Personally I'm not an Obama supporter, but I gotta defend him against this one. I seriously doubt that anybody who isn't stoned or stupid would say that.
linky Baloon was sent up & shot down. One source thinks the Obama "Quote" isn't real.

This would fall in the category of half truths.

President Obama in his preliminary budget did propose that serviceman's care might be billed to a serviceman's private insurance.

Here is a link:

http://www.inteldaily.com/news/173/ARTICLE/10104/2009-03-18.html

"President Barack Obama was harshly criticized by veterans groups Monday over a controversial plan he has proposed to bill veterans' private insurance companies for the treatment of combat and active-duty related injuries in order to generate half-a-billion dollars in 2010 for the Department of Veterans Affairs."

It did definitely show the President's administration was badly out of tune with realty regarding Veterans Benefits and issues.

He did meet personally with veterans organizations: American Legion, VFW and others to discuss the proposal. He did have it removed from his proposed 2010 budget.

The wording that is attributed to President Obama was probably false and would need a source.

This began last February and the issue was removed prior to the proposed budget going to Congress.

President Obama is trying to be fair and work with veterans, this was just a incredibly bad idea, that was corrected.

His final budget proposal was well received by veterans groups.

The idea of making wounded vets especially Guardsmen and Reservists using existing private health insurance was floated by this administration .....and quickly backed off of..somewhere there is a thread.

As to the qoute don't know but with the disconnect this administration has wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah he didn't say it. if he had it would have been colasslley stupid...and not reported...but I still see him opening his mouth and Bs like it falling out kinda like

don't jump to conclusions

Isolated incident

The police acted stupidly...but I don't have all the facts .

Etc

etc etc

Read the end of the snopes link. It sums it up quite well.

The proposal left politicians, veterans and news people all wondering how his administration would even try something that stupid.

I think if he did, I'd let him do as he wishes. But he'd also have to stand in front of our troops in the sandbox and tell them about it, first.

The source is from Robert Chapmans News Letter. I will ask him for a news sorce. But you know the mass media only overcovers underwear terrorists. They do not have time for real news esp. aginst KING Obama

The source is from Robert Chapmans News Letter. I will ask him for a news sorce. But you know the mass media only overcovers underwear terrorists. They do not have time for real news esp. aginst KING Obama
Did you read the snopes article George posted? It's a fake. Almost no truth to it.

Are you an anarchist?

Overcovers underwear terrorists?

WATCH OUT! FRUIT OF THE LOOM!

Robert Chapman huh? that's your source?
Gee I just found another name to add to my list of religious nutjobs.

Here's a news flash for ya. President Obama isn't stupid, he knows that if he said something like that about Vets he'd be out of a job by now.

OK I went back to my source as I posted the initial thread. I said that I need the source of the statement as this is only right and you usually post all your sources. So please let me have the source. Here is his response:

To be honest with you I cannot remember the source. The White House says the statement is untrue, the problem is they lie about everything.
The President’s attitude toward the military is very negative. So one would expect such statements. It is within his character.

Bob

So I have learned an important lesson here as I have found this guy to be right on the money most of the time. I am very disappointed with this answer. I want to apologize to the forum for this and in the future I will be sure to get the source. I should have done it before. My sincerest apology. But I do have to say that the military treatment of returning vets over many years not just now, leaves a lot to be desired. This is my own personal statement as I grew up in the late sixties and early seventies and the treatment that the Viet Nam Vets. received was poor indeed.
3 years ago I heard on a syndicated news program report (with my own ears) that Las Vegas had made a decision to make it illegal for the hotels to feed the homeless as a lot of hotels would give the leftovers to the homeless. The reason given was that too many undesirables about were bad for business. Then they said that it was unfortunate as 2/3 to 3/4 of the homeless in Las Vegas were Viet Nam vets. I am the source and I did here it on a syndicated station like CNN, Fox, etc.

I am beginning to realize that a lot of the stuff on the Internet is here for propaganda reasons. No one and I mean No one is immune from lies, half truths, intentional deception, propaganda and just plain f.....king with you and your brain. I also want to say do you not think the U.S. Army does this also. The entire Government lies to us or we would not be in the mess we are in and it did not start with the Bush Administration.

Let me tell you a true story. I was in Palm Springs over Christmas and had rented a car from Hertz. I was trying to return it as the original place had closed. I went to The Dessert Sands Marriott Hotel and Resort as they had a pickup. This is without a doubt one of the most beautiful and exclusive hotels I have ever seen. The lowest room rate is $454.00/ night. I saw military recruiting vehicles outside but did not think much of it. When I walked inside, I must have looked lost and a woman in military fatigues and a knapsack walked up to me and ask if she could help me. I was a bit taken aback as I would not expect to see either her or myself there. So I said what are you doing here. She said there are 500 of us military here having a convention as the Army thought we had worked hard and deserved a break. I looked at her in sheer disbelief and said your kidding right. She said no we just got out of a meeting and will be here on leave for 4-5 more days. I said what is it that you do in the ARMY and she said I am a RECRUITER!!!. I was on my usual bad behavior(angry at what is happening to this country) and I said to her "Oh you are the ones that lie to the kids in high school and elsewhere telling them about signing bonuses, free educations, benefits for life, exclusive training that will get them big salaries when they get out, no fighting in combat zones, no stop orders, no 4-5 consecutive tours of duty in combat areas, etc.and on and on ad infinitum. She just smiled. So instead of sending the people that really deserve to go to Palm Springs like people who have served 5 consecutive tours in combat zones they send the low life lying scum recruiting officers and don't say you were not lied to or they are KNOWN FOR THEIR LIES as on my way home I sat next to a recruit who said he was lied to about his signing bonus. I also had a woman who worked for me whose husband had been a recruiter and could not do it any more as it entailed lying to a degree then even he could not tolerate. They also so have quota's they must fill and if they do not fill them they are in trouble. I guess these 500 RECRUITERS were the super star liars cause they were sure being wined and dined.

The response I usually get from you guys and gals is that you somehow manage to justify this type of behavior as normal, OK, justifiable, necessary, not a problem, all armies do it, I wish i was a RECRUITER, I know honest recruiters, recruiters are a part of the process. So go ahead and justify it. I am not in the military although I was an Air Force brat for 18 years. My father retired a Full bird Colneral in 1966. I have to say this does not particularly impress me these days and I never discuss it with anyone.

Don't you think we are a little IMPERIALISTIC I mean would you want Yemin to bomb us and then make up some lame excuse like the underwear bomber(looked like womans underwear and that kid has been severely abused you can see it on his face or under mind control and don't say it does not happen). After all we had to have a reason to bomb Yemin even if it was several days after the fact. And news reports that I have no sources for other than i heard them on CNN TV said that the Yemin army was not capable of doing the damage that was done.

I just find it a little strange that on 911 19 muslim extremists were able to commandier 4 ailiners w/o a hitch and 3 out of four hit their targets and NORAD was nowhere to be had. These guys in caves with box cutters successfully attacked the most well gaurded building in the world the pentagon and now the Al Quida boob, SORRY I mean bomb squad can't pull off a successful attack with either a shoeboomber or an underwear boomber, Al Queda is slipping. Hopefully, NORAD, the FAA, FBI, Pentagon and all the other various alledged incompetant, inept agencies will get tired of being blamed as fools and PATSIES and having to pelade INCOMPETANCE and will come forth with all this BS that is going on and tell the truth and that this is all CIA-GOVERNMENT PROPAGANDA THAT THEY ARE BEING BLAMED FOR AND START PROTECTING THE U.S. PUBLIC THE WAY WE ALL KNOW THEY ARE CAPABLE OF.

Last edited:
Exactly what are you fishing for?

Obama floated this idea...it did not fly.

Was it a stupid idea? Yeah it was Obama and his advisorrs have a serious disconnect with the military he shows it and denies it.

So what do want to be said? Carter and Clinton were the same way. Democrats for the most part have a very apperant disconnect with the military since LBJ..they want the defense budget for other things...so whays yer point?

Exactly what are you fishing for?

Obama floated this idea...it did not fly.

Was it a stupid idea? Yeah it was Obama and his advisorrs have a serious disconnect with the military he shows it and denies it.

So what do want to be said? Carter and Clinton were the same way. Democrats for the most part have a very apperant disconnect with the military since LBJ..they want the defense budget for other things...so whays yer point?
Yeah, and I'm glad he failed! 03, folks like you guys work your butts off for the fake in office, if he disrespects you guys, his career as liar in chief will be short. many in congress and senate would impeach him quicker than Clinton trying his new/recycled cigars.

But I still wanna see him explain such actions to the troops in the sandbox. Units, fresh from two week long patrols, no showerin' yet, no feedin' them or letting them rest either. Just sit them down in front of him while he tries explaining it.
:bravo:

Back