What is your military experience?

Currently in the california national Guard I'm a 63/B wich is a wheel vehical mechanic. I have been doing that in the guard now for 5 years, and before that i was in the active army as a 63/S wich is a heavy wheel vehical mech.
I have been stationed at Ft. Lenoredwood MO, Ft. Jackson SC, Ft. Hood Tx, Did a month at Ft. irwin CA, Been Deployed to Spain, Jordan, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudie Arabia, And England let me tell you one weekend a month two weeks a year my ASS.

I joined the Army on an 18X contract, and leave for Basic at Ft. Bragg in July.

Send me your name, I'll make sure you get a very warm, cushy welcome at Bragg. :twisted:

You won't be going to Ft. Bragg for BCT .. you'll go to Ft. Benning, Ga for OSUT (14 wks) then BAC (3 wks, with probably 1 wk holdover before) and then you'll PCS to Ft. Bragg for SOPC.

Good luck.

RnderSafe said:
I joined the Army on an 18X contract, and leave for Basic at Ft. Bragg in July.

Send me your name, I'll make sure you get a very warm, cushy welcome at Bragg. :twisted:

You won't be going to Ft. Bragg for BCT .. you'll go to Ft. Benning, Ga for OSUT (14 wks) then BAC (3 wks, with probably 1 wk holdover before) and then you'll PCS to Ft. Bragg for SOPC.

Good luck.

Your right. All I could rember was Georgia and July. I am going through OSUT for 14 weeks, then Jump School for 4 weeks, then I go to Ft. BRagg for 7 weeks, then back to Georgia for 4 more.

So what does this "warm, cushy, welcome" include exactly?

I didn't serve...

I didn't serve! My dad was in the USAF for 23 years and know works in Building 500 at Offut AFB (Stratcom HQ in Nebraska!)

I grew up living on several bases, I always dreamed of serving my country! I then got a call from the General in the sky to come "re-up" in His service!

I have seen several teenagers in the ministries that I have served go off to serve! Most resently Ben M (Going in the USMC - Marine Recon) Heads off to Calif. on April 9th! Sending me some tags to remember him in prayer!

I am so thankful to have been surrounded by heroes like Ben and like many of you that are serving or served in the military!

Rev. Dan

Division-Corps Level Tank Master Gunner
Deployed to Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom 2
11 years, US Army
SSG
Deployed to: Kuwait, Macedonia
Served at: Vilseck, Germany; Fort Reily, KS; Hohenfels, Germany; Fort Hood, TX

Graduated: M1A1 Tank Master Gunner School, Senior Instructor/ Operator Course, M1A2 SEP Tank Master Gunner Course

As for me, I was in the Army for 22 years. I started my career, after BCT and AIT, in the 4th ID and served in the Central highands of Vietnam as an Infantry Scout. I served with the 10th ID, and was also with the 1st ID. I also served in Desert Storm before retiring. There were quite a few other assigments and deployments in between. FWIW, my MOSs included 11B, 11C,11H, and 16P. I retired as a 1SG (E-8) and spent my enitre time in Army in the Infantry. That's about it.

6 years active duty MP. About 36 months as a plain clothes investigator in various post. Served 3 years with DOD as a Detective in support of the U.S. Army.

Back