What is your military experience?

Joined Army after year of college in 1967, Basic,Ft.Leonard Wood. AIT Ft Polk{aka Tiger Land} . In country Nam Oct 68, assigned to 2/39th Inf 9th Inf Div..AO Mekong Delta.Plain of Reeds ,Dong Tam.. Firebases Dirk,Schorder.
Started out as PFC humping M60, RTO.then got a squad. Called Spanky's Gang...I was ole man at 21yrs..
Was in Delta Company..our motto ..Delta Deals Death...

Welcome home to all my Brothers and Sisters..!!

Delta Company is just the fourth company of a battalion. Like at Fort Knox, i was in Delta Company of the 1/46th Infantry. Delta Force is a part of the Green Berets.

Lead to victory, Sir!

Delta Company is just the fourth company of a battalion. Like at Fort Knox, i was in Delta Company of the 1/46th Infantry. Delta Force is a part of the Green Berets.

Hey buddy, I think you got your facts mixed up there. Delta Force isn't a part of the "Green Berets", they fall under JSOC (Joint Special Ops Command) like ISA and Dev Team. They operate completly independently from SOCOM unit like The SF groups.

I just spoke to a Green Beret a couple weeks ago at our SF briefing and the way he made it sound was that Delta Force was in fact an off-shoot of the Green Berets.

Any idea what SF group he belonged too? At least from sources availible to people like me (civilians) Delta is definetly not an offshot of the Green Berets. Then again the term 'Green Berets' has been used to encopmass all forms of SOF personel, then in that case yea I guess Delta is an offshot of Special Forces. But It looks like the info you got is wrong.

Green Berets are Army SF and only Army SF.
And I'm not going to argue with one of them about their branch, either. :lol:

10 yrs MC

3529 MT MECH CHIEF

operating a 4 chief. At this moment . LOGISTICAL nightmare

2 MEUs and looking for the next one.

OEF/OIF and now going to OIFII

I think he meant to put Redneck. Not doing a very good job convincing us that he didn't make a mistake here :lol: .

i am an inactive/ reserve and am a dep in the us air force. I departe July 14th, 2004 for lackland afb. My job will be a munitions systems apprentice

Back