What is your military experience?

i just joined the united states army 3 months ago i go to basic training at fort jackson in june and on to ait in missouri

Served 8 years active duty in the U.S. Army as a Tracked Vehicle Mechanic.

Served 3 years in Baumholder, Germany
9 months in Bosnia
90 days in Kuwait in '97

My military experience is 1 year in the Swedish army in the Mechanised Infantry and 1 year (so far) in the Swedish version of the US National Guard.

Re: My experience

SeaCadetE-1 said:
I am not actually in the U.S. Navy but I am in an organization sopported by the Navy. The organization is a youth program for the Navy called the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps. You get treated as if you were in the Navy. It is for ages 11-17. So you get disciplined, you also have and co, xo, lpo etc. You get paygrades and rates also that are the same as the navy but you do not actually get paid. You where the uniforms and everything. The URL is www.seacadets.org

check out the link for CAP somewhere in here, its civil Air patrol... its like that, but different :-D AF auxiliary

I'm an MS II out of Maryland, in John Hopkins ROTC. I'm trying to get 11A (Infantry) as my branching, but that's not for another year and a half, and that's if I graduate on time...my dream is to get into the 75th Ranger Regiment, and as soon as I get O-3 (Captain), I want to go through SFAS (Special Forces Assessment and Selection), and get my Green Beret.

21 Years, 3 Months and 19 days active duty USAF, retired MSGT. AFSC was 49170. Stationed Offutt, AFB Ne, Yokota AB, Japan, Ft George G Meade, Md. and Kelly AFB, Tx. Currently work for Garrison, Information Technology Business Center as a communications and enterprise network system administrator at Ft Sam Houston, Tx. TDYs to Europe, Asia and all over the US.

Yes, I left Meade in 1984. I lived in Pasadena for about a year and a half, then I lived on the post for the rest of my stay.

Ha ha, That's not the reason I left ckim. Actually I liked living there. The USAF had other ideas for me. What area in Md. do you live?

Ellicott City, right next to Columbia. If you took 32 to 29 North, all the way down, I'm about 10 minutes away.

I know the place well. Nice area. I used to drive through there on the way to Gettysburg. I always had visitors, family etc. and Gettysburg was always a nice place to go for a day trip. Lots of nice old fashioned shops in that town if I remember correctly.

Back