What is your mile time?

My fastest time for the mile when I was 18 years old was a 4:30. My fastest time for this year is 4:55. Well I give it up to the college guys who run the mile under 4 mins.

If you want break 5:00 in the mile you need to increase the mileage you run in a week. Remember the mile requires both natural speed and endurance. You also need to learn how to pace yourself to run 4 laps. (8 laps in a indoor track).

You can base your potential to break 5 mins in a mile by your 800m time. According to the McMillan Running calculator you need to be running the 800m around 2:15 to even think about breaking 5 mins. Well in most cases that is not true.

NYRican said:
My fastest time for the mile when I was 18 years old was a 4:30. My fastest time for this year is 4:55. Well I give it up to the college guys who run the mile under 4 mins.

If you want break 5:00 in the mile you need to increase the mileage you run in a week. Remember the mile requires both natural speed and endurance. You also need to learn how to pace yourself to run 4 laps. (8 laps in a indoor track).

You can base your potential to break 5 mins in a mile by your 800m time. According to the McMillan Running calculator you need to be running the 800m around 2:15 to even think about breaking 5 mins. Well in most cases that is not true.

Thanks for the tip

I just ran the mile last night and I got a 6:48 or something like that....I wasn't paying attention when my time was called :roll:

*note to self* never let mom make me eat before PT....never, ever again!

Back