What is your mile time?

alliehz said:
Ok, I tested last night. I got a 7:34 which isn't bad considering I haven't been running in quiet a long time.

Oh and I hope you guys don't mind, but I'm going to brag about the XO at my Sq, he did 100 push up's last night. He beat the sea cadet!

The 7 minute mark is an average time. So it's not so bad.

the_13th_redneck said:
alliehz said:
Ok, I tested last night. I got a 7:34 which isn't bad considering I haven't been running in quiet a long time.

Oh and I hope you guys don't mind, but I'm going to brag about the XO at my Sq, he did 100 push up's last night. He beat the sea cadet!

The 7 minute mark is an average time. So it's not so bad.
Well, when I played sports I messed up my knee, and that is why I haven't been involved with sports and very little physical activity (other then CAP) for a little over two years. It wasn't until recently I have been getting back into swimming and I might start playing soccer again in a year. It all depends how my knee is doing, the last thing I want is surgery. So I'm gonna lay low and see if I can play for my college in a year!

holy :cen: i ran my mile and a half in 11 minutes its cause i dont run my lungs arent in shpae im a really fast runner its just that i never run and i got tired easily and we ran it in the cold

alliehz said:
there's a kid in my class, and he is friggin RIPPED, he can do 117 push ups, 26 pull ups, and 132 sit ups in 2 min. (the sit ups in 2 min, not everything)
not that im braggin or anything ;)

We don't run by miles here, but I can do a 5.3 km run in about 22 mins. However, that was in October, and I have been slacking a bit.

NCdt Steliga said:
We don't run by miles here, but I can do a 5.3 km run in about 22 mins. However, that was in October, and I have been slacking a bit.

yea i would settle for a good 2 Km's but we have to do the mile in CAP

I used to do the 2.4 km run back when I was in Cadets, but now that's a thing of the past. The runs we do here are much longer. They can range anywhere from 5 km to 10 km, but it's the 5.3 km that they actually use as a time base. That or the 5 km. Depends on the activity we're doing it for.

But yeah...on any other day, I'd happily settle for a 2 km, but we don't get that luxury here in the Reg Force.

Well, Happy B-Day, man.

6:45 for the mile is actually pretty good. Obviously not the best, but still good nonetheless.

Patriotreturns said:
Call me slow people, I run the mile in 6:45. And I just turned 16 today.
Happt birthday!

And nah, that isn't slow. It's actually pretty good, I would be glad if half my cadets could have a mile time like that. LOL, I would be happy if I could run a mile that fast! It's been such a long time since I have :lol:

My fastest time was 7:56 on tuesday now are cadet commander wants us to do the Prresidential challenge which means i have to get about 5:30 in a month

i am disappointed i thought yall where SOPOST to be in shape, after all yall are military personnel. Im a Receiver on our football team. I ran the mile in 6:10 in a fast jog. not the best...but about 4 best on the team when it comes to distance. oh yeah and im 14.

Back