what are your favourite super powers?

Omnipotence, now, this is a nice one!

teleportation, also a favorite, the flying example was to show that it is *not* a super power specifically...

Morphing will give yu the rest (like getting at least body parts back).

Time is not valued enough, what about slowing time in relatio to others? I sure could use 36 hours equivalent every day, 24 just isn´t enough... :)

Rattler

So this is an open question?

In that case, immortality, omnipotence, and the transcendent wisdom to use it well.

If I had to pick one weaker power, so I wouldn't be an overpowered character in your comic book, it's be teleportation. Yeah, flying is nice, but we already have airplanes and flying squirrel suits, and I'm not very patient. Time and body parts are the only things you can never, ever get back. Imagine how much I'd save if I never had any travel time ever.

Don't forget to leave yourself an air hole.

What about always coming out the winner, no matter what it is. Gambling, job interviews, sporting events, fights. No matter what you always win. That would be cool. Not sure if it's a super power though. Maybe to be super lucky.

Sorry, as it developed, hijacking the thread a bit here...

:D . Funny guy.

:mrgreen:... JFTR, dreaming also works for some... :bravo:

That was modern, but the old Blanik (my training craft when I was young) still delivers all the thrill:

Glider Pilots do it differently video
Rattler
To reply to the private msgs, this was a flightsim vid indeed.

Below the real thing, with the old L-13 from the ´60s (all metal, but inverted only cert for solo, and snap rolls forbidden; the Lo-100 did much better being fully +6/-4g certified despite being all wood. Later came the AC 13 that could do acro twin). Today acro is all ASK21 and Swift S1 (none of them can match the Lo in minus g though), still, I think the Blanik L13 is widely used in the USAF (T-10? now replaced by Diskus?), but very tricky a beast in some respects (not handling, that was as benevolent more or less as the ASK 13):

- Landing gear lever was counter-intuitive (changed in AC and 23), you pulled back to extract and forward to retract LG... (some engineers are just nuts, if you ask me!) - led to many incidents in it´s history.

- Many levers looked the same, especially dangerous for spoilers and flaps, and if those were actuated in landing procedure w/o visual check that might have you dead if you erred.

Anyway, here the real thing and why Blaniks and Los still are *fun* ! :) THIS is real flying (saying this very conciuosly as an ex gas jockey) and no super powers needed!

Blanik L13 fun

Now, check the 1952 Lo 100 against this: Vne 300kmh = 162kn (Blanik: 250/136), 160 kg empty weight (Blanik: 300), +6/-4g so almost everything was possible incl snap rolls at fully pulled when crossing rudders, no flaps (so you had to side slip to land her), but the best fun I ever had w/o engine:

Lo100 fun

Rattler

Last edited:
To eat anything and everything and not gain weight :) lol....would that be classified as a super power????? hehehheheehe.....

To eat anything and everything and not gain weight :) lol....would that be classified as a super power????? hehehheheehe.....

if it is, i think i must be a super hero then....

don't know how i should now use this great power and responsibility.
any suggestions?

if it is, i think i must be a super hero then....

don't know how i should now use this great power and responsibility.
any suggestions?

ROFL, hahahhaa....I officially dislike you...lol...just kidding....sigh..I would love to eat anything and not gain weight....I have to constantly be working out to look great!!....sigh....curves.....i hate them....damn.

Last edited:
Back