What is your favorite type of art?

pixiedustboo

Redfidelboo
Myself, I tend to be more drawn to the old world and "clean" types. Like John William Waterhouse (1900's). I like Plye a lot also. Simple and beautiful, IMO. If I still had my art book I could name a few more off that more people might know but alas I have no idea where it has gone.

I also am really drawn to mermaid art pieces, as long as it follows in the line of what I like, the one in my profile is the newest to my mermaid avatar additions though I tend to have more painted pieces. Delamare, Major & Gunn's "Underwater Love," and Vallejo's "Mermaid Love." Stuff like that.

I like some abstract paintings also. --Paintings.-- I can't stand abstract art in statues and stuff. Icky! (Well sometimes I can. Just depends).

IMO Serenity :dive:

While I enjoy music, sculpture, and many other types of art I also enjoy fine paintings. I like realistic scenes usually, but I have a definite love of Renoir. His colors and moods really appeal to me. I'm also facinated by Surat and pointilism. To be able to create beautiful scenes dot by dot is amazing.

My personal favorite is Fernando Botero's sculptures. I also like the sculpture "Jaguar" by Anna Vaughn Hyatt Huntington.

I like New Romantacism and the pre-Raphaelites.

But I am particularly drawn to poster art -- primarily Art Deco.

I also like Soviet and Red Chinese propaganda art -- it's "naive evil".

Louvre J.

Impressionism - Monet', Renoir, Degas.

Post impressionism - van Gogh.

Italian Renaissance - da Vinci "Baptism of Christ" and the Mona Lisa

Realism - Everything by Frederic Remington.

SigPig said:
I like New Romantacism and the pre-Raphaelites.

But I am particularly drawn to poster art -- primarily Art Deco.

I also like Soviet and Red Chinese propaganda art -- it's "naive evil".

Louvre J.

I love the Soviet Propaganda poster art.
I own the Mother Russia is Calling poster
rus002s.jpg

I also really like this one
rus003s.jpg

For some reason even though I really dislike the Nazis for everything that they did, I still like the Military Propaganda art from Germany in the WWII time period.

Holy cow! Where do I start?
Stuff with sunsets
Stuff with emotion
Black and whites
Stuff with war
Stuff with sunrises
Stuff with romance
Stuff with angels
Stuff with demons
Stuff with angels fighting demons
Stuff with jets...

The list could go on forever.

I love pictures showing battle-worn soldiers. Their faces show so much emotion and can practically tell a story themselves. Really cool stuff i think. If anyone has some of those could you please send em to me?? I kinda have a small colection of them on my computer.

NateClarke@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Back