What is your favorite Star Trek series ?

What is your favorite star trek series

• Animated Adventures of Star Trek

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Voyager-Captain Janeway

• Enterprise-Captain Archer

• Total voters
I like DS9 most.

The Jem'Hada and the Dominion-war and the best scene at all, when Sisko walks towards Q and gives him his fist to eat ;-)

DS9 by far. So much more in sync with the world we see today than any of the other shows. The Dominion and their Jem H'adar very much the terrorists - no other series had the enemy make suicide runs on starships. The religious issue, the problems of facing a military career and having a family, and oh so many other problems in issues the other series never even touched. Sure, many Trek fans called it a soap opera and complained it had no "trek" but for me it was well above the other Star Trek series. I often identified with Sisko and his command choices and problems. That was certainly crystalized when his father called him up to complain that Sisko wasn't looking for his missing grandson and Sisko in total frustration with it all bellows "I don't have any choice! There's a WAR ON!! I go where they send me!". You never saw that kind of angst in the other shows.

So my list is thus:

DS9
TNG
Voyager
Enterprise
The original series

That's kind of odd for me to look at as I can well remember being a snob about TNG when it came on and felt it didn't hold a candle to the old Trek. It took them a couple seasons but then the stories really took off. Now I have a hard time even including the original show in my list. It's just so very different from the rest of the franchise it really belongs in it's own catagory.

FutureDevilDog said:
Star Wars > Star Trek
Well Star Trek has 6 series and 6 movies all totaling like 1000 hours of cool space scenes like nebulas and cool combat scenes. It has Earth.
It deals with the quote "history repeats itself" (the cold war with the romulans).

While Star Wars is the ultimate clash in evil vs. good. It has only 6 movies so it has like 12 hours of viewing time. It uses a futuristic form of swordfighting and magic(the force). Since they have been in space for hundreds of millennia their ships use a million more jules of energy than the federation.

So it all depends on what you like better. However don't think that there is no evil vs good in star trek (federation vs the borg which are definitely more evil than the emperor. Since star trek is in our future it deals with stuff we want to develope like antimatter, plasma, lasers or phasers, etc.

So if you like an ultimate clash of good vs. evil then you like star wars
And if you like something with earth or stuff with exploration as well as combat you like star trek

Last edited:
Peterminator said:
Well Star Trek has 6 series and 6 movies all totaling like 1000 hours of cool space scenes like nebulas and cool combat scenes. It has Earth.
It deals with the quote "history repeats itself" (the cold war with the romulans).

While Star Wars is the ultimate clash in evil vs. good. It has only 6 movies so it has like 12 hours of viewing time. It uses a futuristic form of swordfighting and magic(the force). Since they have been in space for hundreds of millennia their ships use a million more jules of energy than the federation.

So it all depends on what you like better. However don't think that there is no evil vs good in star trek (federation vs the borg which are definitely more evil than the emperor. Since star trek is in our future it deals with stuff we want to develope like antimatter, plasma, lasers or phasers, etc.

So if you like an ultimate clash of good vs. evil then you like star wars
And if you like something with earth or stuff with exploration as well as combat you like star trek
I would like to add to that the fact that star wars uses LASERS as weapons. If you knew anything about star trek you would know that star trek ships are IMMUNE!!! to lasers. Even the Death Star could not destroy a star trek ship!!!!!!!!!. They are immune thanks to the navigational deflectors which general a subspace distortion that causes a laser to disapper into subspace, then reappear a few lightseconds away.

TNG

A series with a truly great leader, Captain Picard, backed up by another truly great leader, Commander Riker.

To me, these are ideal role models for young people. Forceful, dynamic, decisive leaders. People like Eisenhower, Montgomery, McArthur, Patton, Zhukov, von Runestedt, Rommel, Halsey, Spruance etc.

The world today needs brave, moral, dynamic heroes, even if fictional, and Picard/Riker are the epitomy of that type of heroism.

Back