What is your favorite speech? - Page 2

--
Boots

November 26th, 2006  
Chief Bones

Topic: Oooops - my bad ...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cooler King
Uh Chief... That's the Declaration of Independence. The preamble to the Constitution is...

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
You were correct - my search engine confused the two and when I was posting I wasn't very wide awake - thus the booboo.

However, the Declaration of Independence IS the greatest 'speech' ever written. Because of it, everything that has occurred since the inception of the "Great Experiment" has relevancy on the world's stage.

I am NOT going to go back and edit my posts - suffice it to say, everything I said with my first post is still relevant to the Declaration of Independence.
February 4th, 2007  
Gator

My favorite speech is Free Speech...... other than that, I'm going with the US Constitution as the most important, which carves in Stone the Freedom of Speech.
February 26th, 2007  
Fox

FDR's speech on December 8th, 1941.
--
Boots
February 26th, 2007  
senojekips

"I'm outa here!"

Spike Jones 1947 -
May 4th, 2007  
Pacific Lure

Topic: My Favorite Speech.....

The Soldier
by John Hagee

I want you to close your eyes and picture in your mind the soldier at Valley Forge, as he holds his musket in his bloody hands.

He stands barefoot in the snow, starved from lack of food, wounded from months of battle and emotionally scarred from the eternity away from his family surrounded by nothing but death and carnage of war.

He stands though, with fire in his eyes and victory on his breath. He looks at us now in anger and disgust and tells us this...

"I gave you a birthright of freedom born in the Constitution and now your children graduate too illiterate to read it.

"I fought in the snow barefoot to give you the freedom to vote and you stay at home because it rains.

"I left my family destitute to give you the freedom of speech and you remain silent on critical issues, because it might be bad for business.

"I orphaned my children to give you a government to serve you, and it has stolen democracy from the people."

It's the soldier not the reporter who gives you the freedom of the press.

It's the soldier not the poet who gives you the freedom of speech.

It's the soldier not the campus organizer who allows you to demonstrate.

It's the soldier who salutes the flag, serves the flag, whose coffin is draped with the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag!!!