What is your favorite Sci-fi movie or TV series?

What do you like better Star Trek or Star Wars?

• Total voters

Peterminator

What i like:
1. Star trek
2. Star wars
3. Stargate Atlantis
4. Stargate SG1
5. Pitch black and its sequel Chronicles of Riddick
6. Farscape

Last edited:
Out of the two of those, Star wars all the way. Star trek looks too gay to me, a bunch of hippies in pyjamas using TV remote controllers as weapons well.. :)

Definitely Star Wars....

"Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the dark side" 8)

Pshaw! I'm a Trekky, I can't help it. Maybe it's the corny outfits or the fact that it's ever-evolving into more realistic stuff (Enterprise whatever whatever). But, I have to say Ewoks do totally rule. ..... Star Trek's still better >.> <.< :eek:

"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is."
Yoda

Let's see, six Star Wars movies totalling what? About 12 hours?

Star Trek has had five series, the original lasting three years, the next three lasting seven years each, and the latest four, plus 10 movies. A total of over 750 hours by my tally. To compare Star Wars to it is like comparing a Readers Digest article to War And Peace IMO.

While Trek has flared and flagged over the years I still enjoy it a great deal and hope to see it rise again.

That being said, it may surprise you to know that Star Trek is not my all-time favorite sci fi show. That honor goes to Farscape. Never saw such incredible imagination and adventure in any other sci fi epic.

But Farscape and Star Trek are both off the air now (I won't go into the fact that there will be no more Star Wars movies) so my current favorite sci fi show is the new Battlestar Galactica. Very well done, timely and dramatic. I'm not so sure how "sci fi" it is yet though. Sure they fight robots, but the series could just as well be set aboard an American aircraft carrier today. I have a thread about it here if you feel like checking it out.

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10292&highlight=galactica

I like Star Trek more than star wars, but my favorite sci-fi thing on tv right now would be the stargate series.

star wars, hands down. its the ultimate clash of good and evil. and the jedi order itself. genius, pure genius. oh and the quotes. you can fill a whole self-help book with those. after watching each movie, i get this urge to become a jedi. i always try to move stuff with my mind knowing full well that it wont work..... wait thats it! perhaps they arent moving because i dont believe they will. oh to have the mind of a child again where i could believe anything was possible. wait, thats why jedi training begins so early. the child truly believes he can, therefore, he is able.

you see? star wars is so powerful that even a thread about sci-fi makes you go deep into it.

Movies
1. Star Wars (#'s 2,3,4,5,6)
2. Starship Troopers (#1)
3. War of the Worlds (1953 version)
4. Mars Attacks
5. Men in Black (both)
6. Battlestar Gallactica

TV
1. Lost in Space
2. V

Star Trek: Next Generation, but the TV series StarGate: SG1 is my current favorite, and has been for several years.

I enjoyed the Star Wars movies (I, II, and IV the most), but I grew up watching Star Trek, which was WAY before its time.

Star Wars definately. I love Star Wars. Great 2 trilogys. (btw I know what 3 movies is called....trilogy.....but whats 6 called?).....

1. Armageddon
2. Blade Runner
3. The fifth Element
4. The Matrix
5. Star Wars
6. Battle Star Galactica
7. The Terminator
8. Alien
9. Close Encounters of the Third Kind

TV
1. Alien Nation
2. V