What is your favorite military movie (Non war movie)?

Wingnutz

My favorite was a sleeper movie with Robert Redford and James Gandolfini called "The Last Castle". It was about a general who was sentenced to Leavenworth and his conflict with the commandant of that installation. If you have never seen it, rent it.

I really liked K19: The Widowmaker. I know everyone else thinks it is a horrible movie, but for some reason I really like it. I guess it is kind of a war movie because of the Cold War, but I think it fits more into the military category.

If you want to see a totally non war/ military movie which captures the attitude of the british tommy then watch "Dog Soldiers". Pretty wierd plot but highly enjoyable.

And the whiner is....

My Favorite all time military movie? "Operation Petticoat" with Cary Grant ( sort of non-warish..almost).

If it totally has to be without any war in it at all..."All hands on deck" Buddy hackett just cracked me up as that sailor from the chikasha indian tribe. :D

"Final Countdown" about US aircraft carrier that goes through a time warp and sails into the Pacific right before the bombing of Pearl Harbor. They have to make the choice of staying and blowing the Japanese out of the sky or going back through the time warp to the future. I'm not telling!!! You'll have to rent it to find out what happened...

FULL METAL JACKET!!

gotta love those remarks

I think every Marine has seen it.. if they havent .. they really cant say they have been in the Marines..
Its like saying you dont know how to play spades in the Marines... PPFFT

"Is that you John Wayne..."

Hmmm..

A Gentleman and a officer.. :)

J/K!!!!

No no, I love Black Hawk Down. :D :D :D :D

that is the most loved movie by me..

And saving private ryan.. (Check out Vin Diesel ;))

Just saw this one and it is really very good:

"Gardens of Stone"
About the Old Guard during Vietnam, I would highly recommend it.

I believe the name was "The Tribe" about a hippie in Marine Boot Camp circa 1966. Jon Michael Vincent played the hippie.

Never seen Top Gun.. I thought it was a love story.. :?

The swedish Hamilton movie as awesome as well..

Oh god, and the famous line in that move..

His wife clearly asks him: "If they would order you to kill me, Would you then?"

Oh, Damn.. that movie is soo good..

"A Bridge Too Far" is good.

I also liked "Lost In Translation" the latter being obviously not a "war" movie.

Back