What is your favorite military movie (Non war movie)?

The Bedford Incident or Ice Station Zebra on a cold winters day with a big load of popcorn makes a good afternoon movie
Mr Roberts is always good for a laugh too

All Quiet on the Western Front.
My Boy Jack.
Merry Christmas.

I have a somewhat ambivalent relationship to WWII movies.

Last edited:
Black Hawk Down, Enemy at the Gates and Saving Private Ryan

Aviation movies that I love: Top Gun, Flight of the Phoenix, The Aviator and Air Force One

That movie was great! My boyfriend and I saw it twice. Talking about The Last Castle.

Last edited:
Rashomon

I think Forrest Whittaker was the lead. Such a good flick. I will get the book one day. Getting back at the bad people. I really like that. With a bit of philosophy thrown in. Made me look at pigeons in a whole new way too. Walk softly whilst carrying a big stick! Always. You should most definitely see it!
Dadsgirl
Definitely!!!

Last edited:
"A Bridge Too Far" is good.

I also liked "Lost In Translation" the latter being obviously not a "war" movie.

"Lost in Translation" is one I think about often. It's about growing, learning from each other; doesn't have to be a sexual thing. Growing into consciousness from life lessons, whether good ,bad or indifferent. That's what it is about. Thanks for reminding me about it!

Favorite war movie

"The Steel Helmet", a movie so raw and realistic that the U.S. Department of Defense refused to assist in any way in it's production. It's about the early days of the Korean war and it shows that war is no fun. Who knew?
It was written and directed by Sam Fuller a veteran of the U.S. First Infantry Division who fought in North Africa, Italy, France and Germany.
Fuller pulled no punches. It is a black-and-white film that could be called anti-war, if portraying war in a realistic way could be called anti-war. This movie is enough to give war a bad name.

A Bronx Tale

Hey the topic is about non war movies! Mine is A Bronx Tale. Anyone knoes?

Yes, very good movie! That ending was bound to happen. I cried. Didn't think I should have?! But I did. It is my daughter's FAVORITE movie to speak of! Very violent, but that is how it was, realistically back in that time. I know because my aunt grew up in similar situations. In those neighborhoods too.
Take good care...

Charlotte Gray (Cate Blanchette). Even my bf saw it me.. Two times. Young British lady, speaks French. So winds up in France, fighting withing the resistance... Billy Crudup. Very good flick. Longish, but interestingly good

I think Forrest Whittaker was the lead. Such a good flick. I will get the book one day. Getting back at the bad people. I really like that. With a bit of philosophy thrown in. Made me look at pigeons in a whole new way too. Walk softly whilst carrying a big stick! Always. You should most definitely see it!
Dadsgirl
Definitely!!!
See it! Quite pleasantly surprised. So I saw it again. Like(you'll maybe understand ). Kind of like a modern day Samurai. Philosophy intact.

Back