What is your favorite military movie (Non war movie)?

Favorite non-war movie Soldier in the Rain, Steve McQueen and Jackie Gleason along with Tuesday Weld.
Best war movie Saving Pvt. Ryan, the opening scenes of D-Day were intense.

I always reckoned if had seen Alan Ladd in Shane before I had seen him in the the film Paratrooper I would have been a bloody cowboy rather than a paratrooper

Saving private Ryan, Stalingrad, Blackhawk down, Bridge at Remagen, Gettysburg, Glory ( with a verry young Mathew Broderick ), Memphis Belle, Windtalkers ....

Blackhawk Down. I can only watch abou halfway through tho. It turns my stomach. I went to boot camp shortly after with "Smitty's" younger brother. That guy had a clear path paved for him. Everybody new his brother was one of the Rangers there that was KIA. I heard the story before it became a movie.

Smithy's story even breaks me...

He saved that one guy and gets a shot in the groin , it was verry hard ( cause i've seen kids like him die ) to get trough that part!

Top Gun

I have to say "Top Gun" is one of my favorites. It wasn't a war movie, but I just have fond memories of watching it for the very 1st time in 1986 with all of the Thunderbirds after they signed autographs at an airshow because they couldn't fly due to the weather. :avi:

I have to say "Top Gun" is one of my favorites. It wasn't a war movie, but I just have fond memories of watching it for the very 1st time in 1986 with all of the Thunderbirds after they signed autographs at an airshow because they couldn't fly due to the weather. :avi:

enlistment figures went up after this flick. everybody wanted to be a top gun

action packed. air force. trailer

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv1gTUVCDww"]AIR FORCE 1943 TRAILER WWII HOWARD HAWKS - YouTube[/ame]

Taking Chance with Kevin Bacon
The Best Years of Our Lives with Dana Andrews
Paths of Glory with Kirk Douglas

Non war?

An Officer and a Gentleman, A Few Good Men, The General's Daughter, The Last Castle, The Silence and Courage Under Fire.

Back