What is your favorite military movie (Non war movie)?

I have three
Officer and Gentleman (more of chick flick but ok) :|
Stripes (Bill Murray at his best) : :lol:
A few Good Men (TC taking down Jack) :x

I liked Band of Brothers,Pearl Harbor,Saving Private Ryan,Top Gun,
A Bridge too far,Crimson Skies,Blach Hawk Down,Hunt for the Red October,K-19 The Widowmaker,Platoon,Gods and generals(too long though),The Patriot,ect.
I wish i could se every war movie and Sci-Fi movie ever made
as long as its good

Peterminator said:
A Bridge too far,Crimson Skies,Blach Hawk Down,Hunt for the Red October,K-19 The Widowmaker,Platoon,Gods and generals(too long though),The Patriot,ect.
as long as its good

I think Saving Private Ryan, Pearl Harbor, Band of Brothers, Top Gun, and Black Hawk Down are considered war movies. And this thread was on "your favorite non war movie". But anyway, my favorite non war movie would probably be The Hunt For Red October. I loved that movie. 8)

Charge...

I was wondering if anyone was going to post "Cadence."

That's also by far one of my favorite, non-war, military movies...

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO CANNOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.

Stripes is also good... but Cadence is a must see....

"Gig for Bean..."

BaZoOkAzNgReNaDeZ said:
Peterminator said:
as long as its good

I think Saving Private Ryan, Pearl Harbor, Band of Brothers, Top Gun, and Black Hawk Down are considered war movies. And this thread was on "your favorite non war movie". But anyway, my favorite non war movie would probably be The Hunt For Red October. I loved that movie. 8)
OK in that case my favorite movie is also The Hunt For The Red October
my 2nd fav. is K19

I don't know if anyone has seen the "Blockpost" ( not sure about the name ) I suppose it qualifies for this thread as non war military movie. The movie was russian and it was about life in chechnya on a remote outpost, it had few combat scenes and was more of drama than a war movie. Anyway its my favorite of this class of movies.

Peterminator said:
I would love to add Jarhead to that list based on what i saw in the commercials and trailers

Commercials and trailers? That's not a very good reason to add it as your favorite movie. You should see the movie before you judge it. ;)

BaZoOkAzNgReNaDeZ said:
Peterminator said:
I would love to add Jarhead to that list based on what i saw in the commercials and trailers

Commercials and trailers? That's not a very good reason to add it as your favorite movie. You should see the movie before you judge it. ;)
I said so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Besides it aint in theaters yet

Band of brothers is good show
"We were soldiers"-Mel Gibson- I like it. It was lot of fighting.
"Saving Private Ryan"
I like most of WW2 movies.

"The Pianist" is one great movie and also one of my favourites.

It is based on a true story and is about a famous Jewish man who survives under the harsh conditions of Nazi military when his nation is captured in WWII.

Tank, starring James Garner
The DI, starring Jack Webb
Fail Safe, starring Henry Fonda as the President.(book was much better)

King said:
The Shawnshank Redemption, one of my favs, and LOTR-TRIOLOGY.

Ummm, maybe I missed something in those movies, King ummm, dare I ask how is The Shawshank Redemption a military non-war movie??

No King, the topic is as bulldogg quoted to you Military non-war movie.
Go back the first post and re-read it.

The Cooler King said:
Stalag 17
The Great Escape
Bridge on the River Kwai
Faith of My Fathers

The first three are World War II war movies. I haven't seen the last but based on a review I read it is about the life of John McCain the Senator and former Vietnam POW.
The subject of this thread is "military movie (Non war movie)?" I copied the subject directly from the first post which set it up. I don't think too many of those who posted here have really read this right.

Back