What is your favorite military movie (Non war movie)?

I haven't seen this and it looks like it'll be good movie. I love Cate Blanchet and because it's a true story.. I want to watch it even more.

Love, Faith or Hope?

I haven't seen this and it looks like it'll be good movie. I love Cate Blanchet and because it's a true story.. I want to watch it even more.

A tad longish, but I think true story. How British recruited young ladies for spy material.
Best line: to moi anyway
To Ms. Blanchette's character... "What do you believe in the most; love, hope or faith?" She replies "Hope." "Right answer."
That's what I would've said. Always hope.

One of my favorite movies is; Amadeus (the movie about Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart)

My Immortal Love is pretty good too (a movie about Beethoven)

This is a WWll wartime movie. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. Well made movie. A boy of a German ofcr. (who just happens to live near a prisoner camp), finds his way through the woods to the camp. Befriends a young Jewish boy. I won't buzz kill the end.

One of my favorite movies is; Amadeus (the movie about Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart)

My Immortal Love is pretty good too (a movie about Beethoven)

I have always liked both movies. Amadeus the more. Just always have been interested more by his story....
Both very well made and directed.
I usually lean toward movies re: artists meself.

I like "Patton", "Tora,tora,tora"
I believe I missed the meaning of this site.

I watched "Unbroken" several months ago, interesting, not the best, but tells part of the story.
I have been told reading the book, tells the whole story.

Last edited:
Max was outstanding. a tribute to the war dogs

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EPPMCwD5bw[/ame]

6oinuv.jpg

330zj4m.jpg

Last edited:
I dunno what's my favorite. Sergeant York was pretty good, even though I'm not big on the older films. I thought Black Hawk Down was good. I liked Saving Private Ryan, but it had some annoyances, otherwise it might have been my favorite. I also liked Tae Guk Gi, just saw it based on a recommendation from this forum. Had some good Garand action. Oh yeah, I also liked We Were Soldiers.

There is a third version of the Unknown Soldier available to watch. I Have seen all three versions of it. The first one appeared in the 1950s, the next one popped up in the 1980s and now when Finland celebrated its 100 years old birthday, the last one showed up.

The movie(s) is/are about a Finnish machine gun platoon during the war between 1941-44

Im not sure if this counts as a non war tv series but the hundred is great (i mostly watch the series because I have a crush on Octavia and the mutant animals are cool)but beware of the 2faced deer in the first episode it is creepy the second face looks bloody and melted it looks normal at first while grazing then it looks at the camera

Last edited:
Im not sure if this counts as a non war tv series but the hundred is great (i mostly watch the series because I have a crush on Octavia and the mutant animals are cool)but beware of the 2faced deer in the first episode it is creepy the second face looks bloody and melted it looks normal at first while grazing then it looks at the camera

I really liked the first season but it went downhill rapidly after that, I skipped the last season entirely.

Back