What is your favorite martial art?

I prefer Jiu Jitsu, I have had more success with it than any other art. I have black belts in Karate and Tae Kwon do as well. I personally believe the best form of stand up martial art is got to be Muay Thai. I have not had the oppurtunity to study it like I wish, however their strict training regimen and fluid movements are bar none the best I have seen in a stand up art. One art the promotes Variety is definitely Jeet Kun Do. It is better to have a series of motions rather than stick to one set form. Honestly Karate will win a street fight about as much as straight boxing. Unless of course you have engaged in some form a street fighting that has rules. Never found that myself but hey you never know. :)

I did Tae Kwon Do some years ago but I got my right knee hurt so I can't do any sports anymore. At least not in the "professional" way.

But I'm still interested in it and also developed some interest in Krav Maga and Wing Tsun.

Tae Kwon Do

images

tkdcmk2.gif

I prefer Shaolin Kung-Fu. The best! :)

Comparing to the Krav Maga I learned in the service... omg like krav maga is a piece of crap.

But that's just my opinion!

Shaolin

Does anyone know if it's possible to get into the Shaolin Kung-Fu school???

I know about a couple of white people that was able to, and it is my dream since I remember myself.

Please tell me if you know anytying!

my email - dubizubi@zahav.net.il
icq - 156024000

JTF2 posted:

"Is there an "art" that would be solely military?"

I've also heard Russian Systema is extremely effective. It's supposedly used by Spetsnaz.

It is fun and pretty efective, based on natural movement so you dont have to memorize any special techique, you can fight from any position with anything you have available at the time, leg, shoulder, arm, head etc.

Back