What is your Favorite Knife? - Page 8

--

August 6th, 2012  
BritinAfrica

I reckon there should be a few war movies made on true Ghurkha exploits, they were/are amazing troops and brilliant jungle fighters, not bloody doormen.
August 6th, 2012  
42RM

They are bad-ass warriors.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-I-could.html
August 6th, 2012  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42RM
Damn right they are 42RM and as I said previously, fiercely loyal.
--
August 6th, 2012  
viper2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
I reckon there should be a few war movies made on true Ghurkha exploits, they were/are amazing troops and brilliant jungle fighters, not bloody doormen.
Too bloody right they should, Opa Brit.

Only problem, they will get the likes of Brad Pitt, Jason Statham, people like that to play the roles....

I seriously think that they should do that- made a movie of these people acts of valour...
August 6th, 2012  
viper2007

Quote:
Whats with you Marines and asses? Everyone you meet got to be a bad ass? Can't you meet some one with a good ass?

August 6th, 2012  
viper2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Damn right they are 42RM and as I said previously, fiercely loyal.

Yeah... wish my girlfriends are like that, firecely loyal... not looking like Ghurkha men, but fiercely loyal just the same...
August 6th, 2012  
42RM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2007
Whats with you Marines and asses?
We are trained to operate in the rear.

Quote:
Can't you meet some one with a good ass?
Ive met her.
August 6th, 2012  
viper2007

Quote:
We are trained to operate in the rear.

Ive met her.
Well done, good show...
August 7th, 2012  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Too bloody right they should, Opa Brit.

Only problem, they will get the likes of Brad Pitt, Jason Statham, people like that to play the roles....

I seriously think that they should do that- made a movie of these people acts of valour...
Serving soldiers are usually used as extra's in films, a Bridge Too Far comes to mind as well as Virgin Soldiers made in Singapore when I was there is another. I think Jason Statham would make a good choice depicting a Ghurka Officer.

Quite a bit of "Newsreel" taken during the war in North Africa was staged and not taken "as it happened."

As a matter of interest Brad Pitt was chosen to play a Gypsy in the film "Snatch," because he couldn't get the English accent right for another character in the film. Well that's what I've been told.
August 7th, 2012  
Freyja

And if they do a remake of Dad's Army, then you two could probably play the main characters!