What is your Favorite Knife?

Favourite knife will always be the Kbar knife, but a Gurkha knife is very nice.

the M1905 Bayonet is a favourite
1905bayonet.jpg

the blade is 16 inches long.

Rampage said:
Just wondering what everyone liked as in Knifes. Im looking into getting one and getting it engraved for my brother-Inlaw. I was looking at
these ones. http://www.ontarioknife.com/specplus_pg1.html I dont know if you can Engrave Carbon knifes? anyone know. anyways. if you have any cool sites that sell cool knifes and/or engraving a knife let me know. thanks.

Here are two sites that give you a problem, picking a knife. Don't get stuck on a brand, choose what you would use if you were in his place. My carry knife is a custom job by a local knifesmith (overpriced). I ordered a straight D2 steel, epoxy powder coat, tanto style point, half serrated blade. Anything over 5-6 inches is not necessary, he put a 6 inch on mine. The handle material is a composite like Kraton and the hilt and pommel are steel also powder coated. I ordered a scabbard from a place on the web that is a ballistic nylon cloth with leather leg tie downs.

Anything can be etched now, most everything is laser cut, it's much better than engraving. Some of these dealers are giving military discounts, it won't hurt to ask. Thank your Brother-in-Law for me for his service.

https://www.kabar.com/index.jsphttps://www.kabar.com/glossary.jsp

I like the new Marine bayonet, OKC3S (Ontario Knife Company 3 Serrated).

I also like the Bundeswehr knife KM2000.

And nothing will mess up your enemy worse than a Gurkha Kukri in your off hand for when your handgun runs dry.

I like:

A 12 inch - "Split Blade" Double Bladed Kris Knife (wavy). (Looking for one - will probably have to order from Knifesmith.

========================================================

Presently have 5 inch "Split Blade" - Single Bladed Conventional Dagger (straight).

(and)

14 inch Blade - Double Edged rapier style dagger (designed to be used with one handed sword).

(and)

12 inch Blade - Survival Knife - Single edge - sawback edge - compass handle with survuval equipment in handle (needle & thread, hook and fishing line, matches and "mini-saw" rope to be used with a branch as a saw).

I also own a Naval Enlisted Cutlass and a 30 inch Double Edged two handed sword.

Am looking to buy a 45 in long sword of the Excaliber class of broadswords.

To be honest my fav is the good old reliable M16 Bayonet that I first learnt the bayonet course with. So reliable and simple.

BUT, I do like the M9 bayonet very much....

As you can probably guess I'm not much of one for fancy folding knives or big rambo hunting knives. I only take my bayonet and my issue clasp knife in the field, I don't see the point when they do everything I want.

http://www.sitemason.com/files/kCplXa/kukri.jpg
For
EDIT: Found exactly the Knife I'd want up there.

a big blade, I'd take a Kukri over just about anything. I'd get it custom made, Damascas steel prolly. Something that will take quite a beating. A Roman Gladius is wouldn't be a bad choice either, but it would be a bit larger. One of those two would be excellent for situation where I've got no gun or I'm out of ammo. The Kukri also is great for hacking your way through underbrush and chopping down small trees, so its a great all-around thing to have with you.

Small blade, there are lots that I like and I'd have a lot of shopping to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
godofthunder9010 said:
http://www.sitemason.com/files/kCplXa/kukri.jpg
For
EDIT: Found exactly the Knife I'd want up there.

a big blade, I'd take a Kukri over just about anything. I'd get it custom made, Damascas steel prolly. Something that will take quite a beating.

I've got one of those blades as it happens. It was given to my dad by a member of the Ghurka Regiment when my dad was serving in Borneo with the Gordon Highlanders. It needs sharpened but it's the genuine article.

Interesting. Is it a Damascas steel blade by any chance? I know that many in India specialize in making Damascas, but no idea if it was being done in WW2. I wonder what the value of the knife would be exactly?

engraving carbon knives... yes, I believe it is possible. Pricing would be your one majro concern.

I agree on the Khukuri, I've always wanted one (big machete user and conneseiur). Personally, I wouldn't mind an Emerson CQC6 or maybe a Frequent Flyer. But I don't need anything expensive. A nice caping knife and a plethora of utility knives, and I'm set for everything from hunting to personal defense.

Not sure I follow the "engraving carbon knives" bit, since a correctly forged Damascas steel blade gets its look from the method in which it was forged. I certainly wouldn't bother with a fake, painted/printed on Damascas. Be kinda pointless. The whole reason to go with Damascas is because its extremely good steel. The cost would most certainly be prohibitive, but an excellently made Damascas Kukri would cost less than many firearms.

A few different small throwables wouldn't be bad to have along. Mostly would want my Leatherman Wave along for the rest of utility functions.

godofthunder: a poster above me asked about engraving carbon, so I just said it could be done. Major element here is cost, though.

Nice choices of knives in here. These days my favorite kind of knife is a steak knife with a nice thick cut of black angus 8)
Seriously, I guess the one I've carried the most is the old classic Buck Model 110.

bu110albda.jpg

I don't think you can fool Mother Nature with trying to pass off acid etched blades for Damascus. They are made by layering different metals then folding, punching, twisting, while hammer welding the steel. Every maker has his own patterns. Acid only etches the surface but unless there aren't layers, they wont turn out a pattern.
FalconsEdge72R.jpg

Galatic2.jpg

Goddess1.jpg

I watched a History Channel episode of "Shootouts" about 3 Soldiers taking out a mortar team in Iraq. They killed all but two who ran into a marsh and were firing from the reeds. One was killed by a Soldier but one of our guys was hit. The other two waited but didn't hear the last bad guy so one of our guys said "I'll get the _____! and pulled his combat knife and went in the water kicking around the bottom. The other insurgent got away in the fight but the knife our guy pulled was a KaBar. Still going strong after all these wars.

Last edited:
my favourite knife, well i say knife, is the sword that i bought in scotland, its called a claymore, you ought to see one of them :D

Back