What is your favorite firearm? #2

Good to read that many of you like the G36, i prefer the combat version (with red dot vision). After that it's the mp7, standart weapon in the military for officers now.
Another good reason to be German ;)
g36_c.jpg

Does the Mark 19 count?
:biggun:
It does have a huge cool factor but I wouldn't trust my life to one of those, I know guys have to though. From my experience they're not reliable at all. I've only shot it once but it jammed on me and pretty much everyone else who shot it that day. The armorer was so :bang:

RK 95 TP 7.62-39mm This is the perfect assault rifle.

1113200355_IMG_7468.jpg

For larger calibers I really like 81mm mortar. You can set it up pretty much anywhere in very short time and shoot pretty much any target within range. Hills, trees, houses, doesn't matter 'cause of the high firing arc.

That is because the Galil was copied from a finish rifle, itself copied from the AK...

If my memory is correct, both the Galil and the South African rifle are fitted with FN type folding butts, and the upturned cocking handle which the original Finnish Valmet didnt have. The Rk62 later fitted the folding butt.

Last edited:
cosmetics.

I dont agree, the folding stock is a damn good idea in confined spaces, the upturned cocking handle makes it easier to use then the original AK47 type.

The biggest problem with the British issue L1A1 was its length in confined spaces.

I dont think IMI would bother turning the cocking handle upwards if there wasnt any reason to do so.

they should have bothered with the sights on the bloody thing:)

One thing I have found with my version of the Galil, the rear sight is far too small. I have been seriously considering drilling it out by about another mm. At present I use the flip up night sights for rapid target selection. Works quite well.

I have a spare top cover with a scope mount and rings, and fitted a small 4x32 Zeiss scope, that too works quite well.

the problem is that when the top cover moves a little(as when the rifle hits the ground etc.) the sights are no longer zeored...

the problem is that when the top cover moves a little(as when the rifle hits the ground etc.) the sights are no longer zeored...

I've got around that, at the rear of the top cover there are two small bolts that press against the body of the rifle preventing movement.

I'm also considering making a better mount that fits to the side of the body of the rifle (similar to the Lee Enfield Number 4 Mk1 T sniper rifle) which should prevent any movement. Although the idea is not to drop the rifle.

Sig P226

I like the Sig P226 9mm. I have used one for a few years now (in training and on Op's) and the only stoppage I have had is empty magazine.

I don't remember if I posted on this.....

Smith & Wesson Model 625 in .45 Colt / .45 ACP / .45 Auto Rim

DMARKOWITZ_625_BK7SM.jpg

Get the model chambered for .45 Colt, cut the cylinder to work off moon clips and then it will chamber .45 ACP. .45 Auto Rim is the .45 ACP cartridge designed to work without moon clips. Hence the name .45 Auto Rim.

Back