What is your favorite firearm? #2

I haven't one single photo of me with my beloved Garand so here's one of the SLR my second choice. Female dingo, taken at approx 600yds on the move

Do you still have it or did they make you turn it in after the Australian semi-auto ban? Are Garands still legal in Australia?

I really want want a FAL. They're expensive though if you buy them whole istead of building one. I might get a complete Century L1A1 if I can't ever find time to gather the parts. But I hear Century L1A1s have problems.

As for my favorite, its got to be my AK rifle (a Zastava M70) for all around shooting. Its not a tack driver like my AR-15 but its a great deal more fun to shoot. Just like a Garand, every American should own some type of AK.

Here's a pic of it.

Attachments

• DCF (3).jpg
    DCF (3).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
My Garand has gone, and I'll leave it at that. My reputation was such that when the new regulations came into force I had nothing in my possession, and have not had anything that could even connect me with my collection within miles of my home.

For years I expected a knock on the door in the middle of the night so I made sure that I was squeaky clean. The knock never came, but nothing has changed. Here, the cops can just show up at any time and ask to see your firearms and examine your gun safe and ammo storage. So to avoid being picked up for a minor infringement and having them use that to lock me up while they trash the place I have got rid of all of my weapons.

I have placed some old photos of some of my stuff on my web page at
http://www.geocities.com/senojekips/Gunz/
You can tell by the colour of my hair that they were taken nearly 30 years ago. I don't even have many photos now, it has just all become to much to worry about.

My AK was a Chicom Type 56, Serial No. 0000001942 Teinstin Arsenal, very early model in mint condition.

A crying shame...:cry:

I can only imagine the time and money it took to make a collection like yours and then have it all lost.

What a crying shame that you had your rights taken away from you. Sadly if **** eve like that happens to me. I go out fighting. I will not allow the government to strip me of my rights.

Once again.

Stoner 63
M14
M60
AR15/M16/M4
M240
M249

.................Ok it's alot, I'm not going any further.

Choosing but one leaves me in a quandary. Limiting myself to what I own (I did have quite a lot of fun with an MP-5 a time or two) it's a toss up between my Mini 14 and my m/96 Swedish Mauser. The Mini 14 is quite a bit cheaper to shoot, and, though it doesn't make me popular at the range, is tons of fun. The Swede is a bloody nice tack driver and 6.5x55 is much kinder to my unpadded frame than others I shoot (.303 Brit, 30.06, 7.62x54R). Ultimately I do love long rifles so the Swede would probably edge the Mini out. Fortunately, I don't have to make that choice. :D

Honorable Mention:

SKS, SVT-40, M1 Garand

H&K G36KV

O, hello again
That was my best firearm i mean assault rifle ever,
and i have been issued a lot of those shits, of course AK47 also

But H&K G36KV, :p

Stay well my brothers

300px-Domok_g36.jpg

Choosing but one leaves me in a quandary. Limiting myself to what I own (I did have quite a lot of fun with an MP-5 a time or two) it's a toss up between my Mini 14 and my m/96 Swedish Mauser. The Mini 14 is quite a bit cheaper to shoot, and, though it doesn't make me popular at the range, is tons of fun. The Swede is a bloody nice tack driver and 6.5x55 is much kinder to my unpadded frame than others I shoot (.303 Brit, 30.06, 7.62x54R). Ultimately I do love long rifles so the Swede would probably edge the Mini out. Fortunately, I don't have to make that choice. :D

Honorable Mention:

SKS, SVT-40, M1 Garand

The 6.5x55 Swede is one of the most accurate calibres on the planet, low recoil makes it a joy to shoot.

However, my all time favourite is the Lee Enfield Number 1 Mk3*. Getting a good one or any Lee Enfield for that matter is a problem, many previous users have fired a crap load of ex military cordite ammunition, leading to serious erosion of the chamber throat.

One of my Lee Enfields was built at Enfield Lock in 1918 with a pristine barrel, after a bit of work I managed to get accuracy to just a tad over 1 MOA using hand loaded ammunition with 174 grain projectiles. Getting a Lee Enfield to shoot accurately can be a bit of a problem and requires a lot of patience.

I don't like the AK47, although a tremendous reliable firearm, I find it uncomfortable to shoot.

One of the best more modern rifles I have fired, has to be the British version of the FN FAL, the L1A1. Another favourite was my last issue weapon, the 9mm Parabellum Sterling SMG.

LMG,s has got to be the Mk3 303 BREN and the Gimpy.

Handguns I vote for the 45 ACP Colt 1911, 9mm Parabellum Browning Hi-Power and the 9mm Parabellum CZ75

Last edited:
Call me home made, but I will go with the gold standard in firearms. The M1 Garand and for modern, I will go with the M4 Carbine :D

Back