What is your favorite firearm? #2

yeah right.....
but for spezialised units there are other sights mounted on the G36......
But as you said, its perfect for the regular units....until a range of 300m you cant miss your target....
and its absolutely reliable..even without cleaning
i fired about 1000 rounds one day during urban fighting training and it didnt jam once...
and of course the ability to mount a great grenade launcher under it is also a good feature

WTSHTF:

MBR............AK-47
Sidearm......Ruger P-90

Civil Unrest:

MBR............Ruger PC9GR Carbine
Sidearm......Ruger P-89

the M14 has no pistol grip, is long, and weighs a lot. Not my first choice for a primary weapon unless I was in no way shape or form going to be fighting in close.

I have a really long list - like 4 pages - with multiple favorites in each category. But, for now, I'll just post the best from each category.

Pistol: HK USP45 Tactical
Revolver: Taurus Raging Bull in .500 Magnum with a 6" barrel
Machine Pistol: MAC-10 in .45ACP (yes, I'm gangsta)
Personal Defense Weapon: HK MP7A1
Sub Machinegun: IzhMash PP-19 Bizon-2-01 (that's the 9x19mm Para variant, 53 rounds with AK-reliability)
Shotgun: Benelli M3 Super 90 Tactical
Assault Rifle: Steyr AUG A3
Designated Marksman Rifle: HK MSG-90A1
Sniper Rifle: AMP Technical Services DSR-1 in .338LM
Anti-Material Rifle: Steyr IWS 2000
Light Machinegun: STK Ultimax 100 Mk. 3
GPMG: FN M240B
Anti-tank/Bunker: Dynamit Nobel PzF-3 IT600 (one missile fulfills both roles, quite ingenious)
Grenade Launcher: Hawk MM-1

See? And I have tons more...

Semi-auto pistol: Walther p99
Revolver: Colt python
Battle rifle: FN FAL
Assault rifle: FN Scar L
Sub-Machine gun: HK Mp5SD3
Sniper rifle: AI AE
Squad Machine Gun: M249SAW
Shotgun: AA-12

got to go out to the range w/ my friends dad. he is a mass state trooper. i got to shoot the P90. OH MY GOD!!!!!!

You yanks dont know how lucky you are. In this godforsaken nanny state I have to make do with my shotguns or wait till I go abroad on holiday to have any fun. Only criminals and a few members of the security forces are allowed firearms.
To have a go on your mates dads P90. You lucky,lucky B***ard. I AM GREEN WITH ENVY!!!!

I've shot much more modern military weapons, but the M1 Garand can still hold it's head up in the best of company, as an auto loader.

It's accurate and reliable. I have pulled off some of my most spectacular moving shots with this rifle, all over open sights using standard ball ammo.

Yeah.... sure there are lighter rifles and rifles with greater magazine capacity. But nothing beats the pure satisfaction of squeezing off a few rounds from this weapon, the 30-06 round has beautiful ballistics and arrives downrange with enough punch to do what's required of it, well out past my maximum shooting capability.

I served my time using the Australiam manufactured FN FAL commonly called the SLR and it is a fine weapon which earned me my crossed rifles (marksmans badge) but in a long range sporting role I'd still defer to the Garand.

I haven't one single photo of me with my beloved Garand so here's one of the SLR my second choice. Female dingo, taken at approx 600yds on the move
dingo1976.jpg

Last edited:
Favorite Firearm, Hmmm.......

Well, I've layed with so many it's really heard. I'd have to say my GLOCK 23C.

Played with everything from Ruger 10/22s to 20mm anti-material rifles.

Please tell me more, it intrigues me that you would select a handgun as a favourite firearm. Personally I have always regarded them as weapons of absolute last resort. Police work excepted perhaps, where they need to be handy at all times.

I can conceal carry pistol and take out most game in my area with a well placed shot. Can't conceal a longarm with not being able to draw and use it in. Can with a pistol. Besides, my pistols are used for getting to my longarms.

Over here in Australia carrying a concealed weapon is a Federal and State offence and would earn you a long stretch on the inside looking out. Even our Police must carry them in plain view.

I have never heard of anyone being able to convince the authorities here that a handgun is suitable for hunting game of any sort. Although I must admit I have dropped the occasional kangaroo with my old .357 Python, but only because I wanted some dog meat and had no other weapon in the vehicle at the time.

Last edited:
That's why I am 100% thankful to God that I live in the Great State of Florida.

Compensated GLOCKs work great. Reduces muzzle climb during a long string of shots.

Back