What is your favorite firearm? #2

Vektor is located at 368 Selborne Avenue, Lyttelton 0157. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Denel and it produces the R4, R5 and R6 assault rifles. (I was recently there on business.)

LIW - Lyttelton Ingenieurswerke - is right next door to Vektor. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Denel and it produces artillery systems such as the G5 and G6 155mm howitzers. [Oerlikon Contraves (air defence artillery systems) also has a presence at LIW.]

I regularly use the Accuracy International L96. Extreemly acurrate, and reliable in my opinion.
Each vibration as your pulse sends tremours down the barrel and visible through a scope, its like an extention or your arm.
You can put a round at will, anywhere within a max. of a 2cm deviance at 800 yrds.
It's a fine rifle. 8)

-Rafterman-

Rafterman said:
I regularly use the Accuracy International L96. Extreemly acurrate, and reliable in my opinion.
Each vibration as your pulse sends tremours down the barrel and visible through a scope, its like an extention or your arm.
You can put a round at will, anywhere within a max. of a 2cm deviance at 800 yrds.
It's a fine rifle. 8)

-Rafterman-

Agree. I own an AW w/ a S&B Scope and it is a "mean" rifle. The AW is an improved PM L96A1, and now supplanting the L96A1.

To be honest, I've never heard of the L96A1, I really do not have any experience with modern non-U.S. weapons beyond Beretta and some H&K (although that is wholly vicarious). Any more information on it would be appreciated, it sounds like a fine rifle.

And welcome to the forum, Rafterman.

Sorry, this has been slipping by me.

So have any of you had experience with those rifles (Stg-44 or Ak-47)?

The AK-47 is not very accurate, but it will always work.
Very simple in design, few parts, and extremely reliable..
It follows the famous KISS principle (Keep it simple, stupid).. :D

desert eagal 50 cal.
nearly broke my wrist.
good times.

fav. i HAVENT used, the 50 cal. sniper developed in the 90's. grisly its called?
why?.
take out a targate from a mile
thats why.

The M82A1 Barrett .50 has a maximum effective range of 1800 m, is that the rifle you're referring to? There is also the Barrett M90, likewise a .50.

Redneck said:
The M82A1 Barrett .50 has a maximum effective range of 1800 m, is that the rifle you're referring to? There is also the Barrett M90, likewise a .50.

yes. i found some pics of its usage in iraq but i cant post due to the fact that they are 1) VERY graphic and 2) the links to it are very tempermental.
it was and assault on an anit-armor convoy. total desmation. they are trainning those guys the right way. most of the kills where due to direct hits with ether 40mm grenade launchers or the M82A1 Barrett .50. very messy :tank:

oh

Yes, somone who served in gaza told me that some times when they fire the M82A1 doors and windows open..... :rambo:

for example in autumn, when its humid and you are outside for a week or so, the scope gets steamed, even inside.....
this happens only to the scope not to the red dot sight, so you still can use that one, but its annoying

Back