What is your favorite firearm? #2

I heard that, because the M16A1 had fully automatic capabilities, our troops expended over 7000 rounds per enemy KIA. I don't have any information to compare that to the A2 or M4, but that does seem to be a bit excessive in the wasting ammo department. :lol:

Since my nice picture got lost in the "crash" I just have to post it again.. :D

Canadasenter%20vapen.JPG

From a great day at the Canada Center, in Metulla, Israel.
Colt Python, Colt Anaconda, Desert Eagle .50 and a 9mm Beretta..
Go ahead Punk, Make my day.. 8)

The Desert Eagle kicked like a mule.
I had to rest my arm every 5 shots...

worthles

Desert Eagle is a worthless weapon.9mm is the best round for self defence handguns 12.7mm(0.50) is absurd.

Yep, I agree with you.
But it's a real cool weapon..
You don't have to use it to get respect.
The size of that thing will scare most people away.. :D
It was real hard to hit the target with it too.... (too heavy, and too much recoil..)

Re: worthles

sherman105 said:
Desert Eagle is a worthless weapon.9mm is the best round for self defence handguns 12.7mm(0.50) is absurd.

I think .40 (10mm) is the best round for personal defence handguns, a bit smaller than the .45 and .44 handcannons, but still has a good bit of stopping power, which the 9mm is very much lacking.

So

Yes, I just noticed,there is a little blue sticker on the counter the handguns are on...Says Mettula in hebrew.
Oh, and, the uzi is 9mm, dose it lake stopping power redneck?

Yes it does, it makes up for it with a burst of rounds. It uses 2-3 rounds for what a .45 would take one to do. One of the cops back home shot a suspect with his 9mm and the rounds (two) got stuck in the guy's pecs (he was a big son of a gun anyway) and he kept coming till he caught a round in the forehead. In the same situation a .45 would have done his business for him with one round to the chest, guaranteed.

Lol

allso the UZI rounds have more powder to them...
Well, as the israeli rule goes...Shoot twice to the head...Could do worse then the 9mm as self defence... some of our volenteers have 0.22 baretas...

Seems like carrying a .22 would be worse than useless, it would make you more of a target because it is a gun, but if you had to use it all it would do is piss the enemy off.

My Brother-in-Law, who is currently an attorney and who used to be a sheriff’s deputy, carries a .22 cal Berretta and I think he is nuts for the very reason you just raised Redneck :!: :!:

Personally, I think the .45 cal is a much better service round than anything - particularly if you fire it out of a Glock Model 21. The US made a big error when it passed up the Glock as a service weapon (in .45 cal, 9mm or .40 cal). I like my Berretta 92SB, but if you are deployed out in the boonies, you need a reliable, durable weapon that won’t quit on you.

Definitely, and the Glock fits that bill nicely, very user-friendly and it's simple so it's hard to break, but it just isn't as sexy as the Berretta. :lol:

We use the 9x19mm Glock 17 as the standard extra sidearm in the Norwegian Army.
(and also for medical personnel)
I think it's a great weapon for it's purpose, easy to use and maintain.

http://www.glock.com/g17.htm

One thing I don't like about the Glock (which actually goes for many newer firearms) is that it feels like a toy, it's too light and too plastic. It just doesn't feel like much of anything. But that's just aesthetics.

Yes

The volanteers that carry the 0.22 Bareta are the Bysical(that is so not spelled that way...) unit...Funny little buggers...Good targets for terorists...Ill take the M1 Carabine 7.62 over the Bareta 0.22 any day...

Never thought about that before, a .30 is a 7.62? Is it a short cartridge like the rounds originally used in the M1 Carbine, or have yours' been modified?

Para Ordnance P-12 Alloy, .45ACP. LeMas CQB loads. (great for low profile Conceal Carry)

I have three Colt .45 ACPs GMs.

I do like Glocks okay. Fast and accurate, but they do feel like a toy.

Although, I carry a Sig for work, not too bad either.

Back