what is your favorite car (non truck) - Page 5

--
Boots

May 14th, 2004  
ACTaFOOL82

I dont mean too brag but riceburners suck, ya'll are pitiful. My 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T w/ a 500 cubic inch crate motor, 1970 Boss 302, 1970 Torina Cobra w/ 429, and 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger 340 will whip any riceburner yall could name. Its all throttle and no bottle. And whoever posted it... The first Plymouth GTX came out in 1968 (but still I know your dads hemi powered car stomps all over rice burners). Also the musclecar era started in 1964 and ended in 1972 anything after is a detuned and has no "muscle".

There is no "riceburners are faster but musclecars catch up later". A big or small block musclecar will own any 2.0 liter riceburner. In my opinion anyone who thinks a Honda or Mitsubishi is a "fast" car is a candy @$$. Anyone who ever has driven a real musclecar knows that AMERICAN STEEL stomps all over a sub-compact pieces of junk. Plus you have to spend thousands of dollars to get a riceburner fast but a musclecar is fast from factory without Nos (which is for panzees).
May 14th, 2004  
ACTaFOOL82

Sash, American Steel rules. You probably read a few "tuner" magazines and think youre all that I am actually a mechanic and know the facts. And that is for every 4 Imports I work on I only fix 1 American car. Dont reply like you know what your talking about. The truth is... I forgot more than all of ya'll Import queers know about cars.
May 17th, 2004  
Eric

And that is for every 4 Imports I work on I only fix 1 American car.
Of course you do because US made cars don't even end up at the shop but to the Junkyard!
My first and only US "car" had 5 trannies and a couple converter + all the recalls + sway bars + brakes + steering within the 112ooo miles it totalled! I could not even sell it at Blue book value and gave it away for $2000 twrd an import!
Thank you Ford!...and thank you AAA for keeping US made "cars" off the curbs!!!
--
Boots
May 18th, 2004  
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

Fords are the devil. I am not a Ford man myself. Give me a GM or Mopar and i will be Happy....

What about the new Chrysler 300C That thing got a Hemi
340 hp on a rear wheel drive family sedan. Now you can't beat that..
May 18th, 2004  
Mark Conley

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRBORNE82
...And that is for every 4 Imports I work on I only fix 1 American car. ...
Now Now...this could also mean that the ratio of foriegn cars to american cars in US is 4 to 1.

It could also mean that it takes the profits from four foreign automobiles to allow you to fix one american car.

Or...in the long long long run... naw, just having a bit of fun there 82.
May 18th, 2004  
ACTaFOOL82

Eric, GM, MOPAR, and Ford are all good cars. Ford made the Willy's Jeep (Jeep did too, but it was a team effort) in World War 2 so they must of done something right. Or maybe... you're a crappy car owner. 5 trannies that's unreal stop exaggerating man. And Mark Ime not trying to get smart with you or anything but the top 4 sellers in America today are American made. Number 1 being the New
F-150, just the facts.
May 19th, 2004  
AFSteliga

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII, 'nuff said.
May 19th, 2004  
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

Geez. I know every one is going to have a different opinion on the matter, but i definitely believe that an American made care is better than an import any day... All these little rice rockets were made for the economy. These people need to stop watching all these fast and furious movies... Honda, Acura, Mitsubishi, Toyota, etc, etc. were made for fuel efficiency. And another thing I don’t get, is why do the little imports have all these spoilers on them… They are not even capable of reaching the speeds that a spoiler is needed for the down force? Just something to ponder…
May 19th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: well

Well airman, I disagree. American cars are not as relaible as Japanese ones. Anyways, the little Japanese cars weigh half as much as the American giants, so they dont need a big engine.... Some of these cars can go very very fast.About the spoiler, yeah your right thats just dumb...
May 19th, 2004  
Mark Conley

Sorry guys..its really not dumb.

Even though in some cases the cars dont go as fast to rate one like a US car, because of their light weight, and almost plane wing like shape.. they do need the spoilers to keep the body on the road, even at moderate speeds.

Now, i have driven my Daewoo..in its Italian configuration..at 110 mph substained speeds for up to four hours at a time. I say italian configuration because the american ones have fuel pump goveners that shut the pump off at 100 MPH. And the car wasnt modified.