what is your favorite car (non truck)

I dont mean too brag but riceburners suck, ya'll are pitiful. My 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T w/ a 500 cubic inch crate motor, 1970 Boss 302, 1970 Torina Cobra w/ 429, and 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger 340 will whip any riceburner yall could name. Its all throttle and no bottle. And whoever posted it... The first Plymouth GTX came out in 1968 (but still I know your dads hemi powered car stomps all over rice burners). Also the musclecar era started in 1964 and ended in 1972 anything after is a detuned and has no "muscle".

There is no "riceburners are faster but musclecars catch up later". A big or small block musclecar will own any 2.0 liter riceburner. In my opinion anyone who thinks a Honda or Mitsubishi is a "fast" car is a candy @$$. Anyone who ever has driven a real musclecar knows that AMERICAN STEEL stomps all over a sub-compact pieces of junk. Plus you have to spend thousands of dollars to get a riceburner fast but a musclecar is fast from factory without Nos (which is for panzees).

Sash, American Steel rules. You probably read a few "tuner" magazines and think youre all that I am actually a mechanic and know the facts. And that is for every 4 Imports I work on I only fix 1 American car. Dont reply like you know what your talking about. The truth is... I forgot more than all of ya'll Import queers know about cars. ;)

And that is for every 4 Imports I work on I only fix 1 American car.
Of course you do because US made cars don't even end up at the shop but to the Junkyard! :lol:
My first and only US "car" had 5 trannies and a couple converter + all the recalls + sway bars + brakes + steering within the 112ooo miles it totalled! I could not even sell it at Blue book value and gave it away for $2000 twrd an import!
Thank you Ford!...and thank you AAA for keeping US made "cars" off the curbs!!! :lol:

Fords are the devil. I am not a Ford man myself. Give me a GM or Mopar and i will be Happy....

What about the new Chrysler 300C That thing got a Hemi
340 hp on a rear wheel drive family sedan. Now you can't beat that..

AIRBORNE82 said:
...And that is for every 4 Imports I work on I only fix 1 American car. ... ;)

Now Now...this could also mean that the ratio of foriegn cars to american cars in US is 4 to 1. ;)

It could also mean that it takes the profits from four foreign automobiles to allow you to fix one american car. :shock:

Or...in the long long long run... naw, just having a bit of fun there 82. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eric, GM, MOPAR, and Ford are all good cars. Ford made the Willy's Jeep (Jeep did too, but it was a team effort) in World War 2 so they must of done something right. Or maybe... you're a crappy car owner. 5 trannies that's unreal stop exaggerating man. And Mark Ime not trying to get smart with you or anything but the top 4 sellers in America today are American made. Number 1 being the New
F-150, just the facts. :cowb:

Geez. I know every one is going to have a different opinion on the matter, but i definitely believe that an American made care is better than an import any day... All these little rice rockets were made for the economy. These people need to stop watching all these fast and furious movies... Honda, Acura, Mitsubishi, Toyota, etc, etc. were made for fuel efficiency. And another thing I don’t get, is why do the little imports have all these spoilers on them… They are not even capable of reaching the speeds that a spoiler is needed for the down force? Just something to ponder…

well

Well airman, I disagree. American cars are not as relaible as Japanese ones. Anyways, the little Japanese cars weigh half as much as the American giants, so they dont need a big engine.... Some of these cars can go very very fast.About the spoiler, yeah your right thats just dumb... :lol:

Sorry guys..its really not dumb.

Even though in some cases the cars dont go as fast to rate one like a US car, because of their light weight, and almost plane wing like shape.. they do need the spoilers to keep the body on the road, even at moderate speeds.

Now, i have driven my Daewoo..in its Italian configuration..at 110 mph substained speeds for up to four hours at a time. I say italian configuration because the american ones have fuel pump goveners that shut the pump off at 100 MPH. And the car wasnt modified.

:D

yes

Yes....Common, my mom has a Kia(I think thats how you write it...) van witha 2.9 littter engine and we did 167 KmH with it, so there is nothing slow about asian cars.

You know what
yugo with lanchia 1,6cc engine,lowerd engine working head,and aditionaly wided cilinders with WV clips,hard suspension lowerd body
270km/h like nothimg
heres a pic

yugo_hibrid.jpg

my dad knows this guy,and he's good[/img]

a 270 Kph Yugo...sheessh what a waste! The ride and suspension of a Yugo allows a ride rougher than the worst torture devices in torqemodeas dungeons.

So...did they give this beast a decent burial? :D

2004 Ford SVT Cobra mustang. nuff said... It eats imports for breakfast lunch and a midnight snack.

If anyone thinks a 3000 pound mustang is a "giant" you're screwed up. The bottom line is the fastest stock rice burner would be owned by plenty of American cars.

Ime not arguing about Euro crap... cars. I just hate Japanese and orient cars.

Night stalker, that 71 chevelle 396 was my brothers dream car. Green, and clean. Took a special switch to energise and turn over the starter motor...but it ate everything in its class.

The car i actually loved the most was my 1984, carbureted, autobahn transmissioned, 4 speed with upshift light VW Rabbit.

Me and my wife were actually clocked by a louisana state trooper doing 115 mph across the great achafalaya swamp bridge on I-10...just outside baton rouge. She was driving...i was sleeping...the cop was laughing at her as he signed the ticket. :oops:

Euro cra..i mean car indeed.... :D

ya mark conley, it is one of my dream cars also. My other dream car is the 1969 Mustang Mach 1. MY dad had a chevelle as his first car, but unfortunatley for him he had to sell it because he was caught racing and my grandpappy made him sell it

a 270 Kph Yugo...sheessh what a waste! The ride and suspension of a Yugo allows a ride rougher than the worst torture devices in torqemodeas dungeons.

So...did they give this beast a decent burial?
Mark my man this baby needs 5 miles to stop,they pu rougher suspension cuz then it lays good on the road,knock your kidney though!
but thats only in sport class,beside you can buy one for abou 1000 USD
and "fix" it up for 300USD,shure not a waste mark

Back