what is your favorite car (non truck) - Page 15

--
Boots

June 27th, 2006  
Venom PL

I just love: Mercedes SLR, Audi A8 and Aston Martin DB9

I currently drive 2.0 litre Ford Focus (4 door)
June 29th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Lots of people trick focuses out...you should.
June 29th, 2006  
rotc boy

ugh, then he'd be a ricer
if you gonna take an economy car and 'trick' it out, it should be a standard
and put all money into the performance first, then any left over can go towards the cosmetics

man i hate people who pull up next to you in an automatic japanese car, with sideskirts, a 3 foot spoiler, hood scoop and the giant exhaust, revving the engine
and then i can beat them in an 02' mazda protege (yes an automatic) with none of the modifications because i dont have all that crap weighing me down

and people who put spoilers on FWD cars should have their car blown up
--
Boots
June 29th, 2006  
moving0target

Yeah, I know it says "non truck." ...but just look at this one:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....ticle_id=10255

Quote:
Spank the loud pedal on this beast, and you will want to yell out, 'Yeeeee-HAWWWW,' even if you're not from Texas.
Nuff said.
June 29th, 2006  
rotc boy

haha, somehow I knew it was going to either be that, or the Ford Lightning
June 29th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotc boy
ugh, then he'd be a ricer
if you gonna take an economy car and 'trick' it out, it should be a standard
and put all money into the performance first, then any left over can go towards the cosmetics

man i hate people who pull up next to you in an automatic japanese car, with sideskirts, a 3 foot spoiler, hood scoop and the giant exhaust, revving the engine
and then i can beat them in an 02' mazda protege (yes an automatic) with none of the modifications because i dont have all that crap weighing me down

Thats why it needs to be a manual with carbon fiber accessories.
June 29th, 2006  
rotc boy

or it doesnt need accessories, just put all the money into making the car faster, dont worry about the looks
and carbon fiber, while it does make it lighter, wouldnt make it as fast as spending that money into getting more horsepower into your car
June 29th, 2006  
AJChenMPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotc boy
Then why do all the FWD cars in SCCA racing have spoilers? Seriously, though, I know what you mean about those big honkin' spoilers on cars that rarely see the north side of 40 MPH -- both FWD and RWD (and AWD for that matter). On the car forum where I hang out, we call it "static downforce" -- the idea that the mere weight of the spoiler provides additional downforce!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/1Lt Henderson
Thats why it needs to be a manual with carbon fiber accessories.
His Mazda, or the car he hosed?
September 13th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

The car he hosed. If it had more carbon fiber parts, it'd be lighter, and therefore, faster.
September 14th, 2006  
bulldogg

1968 Mach I Mustang with the 351 Cleveland motor orange with black racing stripes.

or

1967 Chevy Camaro SS with the 454 motor, ghost white Imron paint and glasspacks.

Big blocks rule.