What is your Fav... Movie?

I take it this is a "what is your all time favorite movie regardless of theme?" thread? We already have several catagories of war movies so I'm just being clear so that folks don't just fill this with nothing but war movies - not that a war movie couldn't be your favorite all time movie. My selection would have to be "Cadence" with Charlie and Martin Sheen. While not strictly speaking a war movie it takes place with US troops in Germany in the era that I was there. The characters are familiar and strike home to me. Everytime I see that movie I'm transported to my youth and my first days in the service.

in the style of one of my fav's "high fidelity", here is my top five;

in no particular order;

lock, stock, and two smoking barrels
buffelo soldiers
one hour photo
high fidelity (duh)
donnie darko

EagleStrike said:
Pearl Harbor

you are kidding right? lets take possibly the best idea for a war movie, add some great SFX, and awesome directer....

AND THEN RUIN IT WITH THE WORST LOVE STORY EVER!

numerous inaccuracys right through it. formost in my mind is where ben affleck crashes his spitfire in the middle of the day, the plane sinks, he struggles free....and .... it's nightime when he sufaces!

EagleStrike said:
its my opinion ok.... :roll:

hehe i know. it's in my nature to be critical! plus i used to work in a video shop so
*sarcasim alert*
of course my opinion matters soooo much more
*as you were*

I was as surprised as you were Chewie :shock:

However, I was kind enough not to comment on it. ;)

Of course he's right though, it is his opinion. I'm sure there's somebody out there who thinks "Crossroads" is the best movie ever made. :twisted:

chewie_nz said:

in no particular order;

buffelo soldiers
one hour photo
high fidelity (duh)
donnie darko

Donnie Darko? Weird movie.

Top Five for me,
Fight Club
American History X
Blackhawk Down
Brat 1 + 2 (Brother; it's Russian)

Vitaly said:
chewie_nz said:

in no particular order;

buffelo soldiers
one hour photo
high fidelity (duh)
donnie darko

Donnie Darko? Weird movie.

Top Five for me,
Fight Club
American History X
Blackhawk Down
Brat 1 + 2 (Brother; it's Russian)

mmm fight club, american history X and black hawk down for me too!

HMmmmmmm

Bourne Identity & Supremacy
Black Hawk Down
Public Enemy (Korean movie that totally kicks ass)
The 5th Element
Peacemaker

Sheesh! Five, six movies, more? No all time fav above the rest? I bet you guys have trouble with fidelity too and no, I'm not talking about your stereo :lol: :twisted:

Well it's very hard to say which is the fave....

But I'd say maybe if I could watch only one movie until the day I died, I'd pick Public Enemy.

dammit, i forgot about comedy movies
anything with chris rock in it. would u count "the last boy scout" as comedy?
hmmm the marx brothers, they rocked

lol at fidelity problems, i cant make up my mind whether the problems are real or not :lol:

Jeremiah Johnson - based on a true character, "Liver Eating Johnson", but highly fictionalized.

The Sixth Sense

Death Wish

I see my mentioning the modern classics (Fight Club, American History X, and Blackhawk Down) has made people remember thier greatness.

Back