What is WRONG with people???

jillyz12

I just turned my next door neighbors in to the Animal Warden. I liked them up until now...they're a young couple with a baby and a Yorkie. Recently they got a female Lab pup (about 7 months old) who was to be a guard dog. I live in Illinois, one of the states that's in a sauna right now. Temps in the upper 90s with a heat index of 115 degrees.

Jasmine, the pup, was an indoor dog until a couple of days ago. Since then she's either been in a metal closed-up garage, or tied up in the yard. I came home from work today to find her out in the yard with no shade, no shelter and water in a metal bowl, so you can imagine how hot it must have been. I went ballistic. After changing my clothes, I went over to their backyard and gave her some fresh cool water to drink and splashed some on her to help cool her down. She's so desperate that she dug a hole next to a clump of weeds and lays in it for the tiny bit of shade it gives her. Damn those people. I thought they were smarter and kinder than that. What really cheeses me off is the fact that their Yorkie gets to stay inside in the a/c. It's so stinking unfair. I can tell exactly what happened without anyone even telling me. The house next door is a little cracker box, and Jasmine is too big for the place. Plus, she's just a baby, so she's a little rambunctious. Dumb-asses!

So, I called and reported them. And I hope like heck that they take her away from them, because I don't think they even like her. If they figure out that I'm the one who turned them in, so be it. They can get as mad as they want....I can' worry about them. I'm only worried about a sweet, helpless pup who's at their mercy. If this is the kind of people they are, I don't even want to know them.

Relax,... You've done the right thing. Now leave it up to the authorities to handle, and just keep an eye on your neighbours in future.

If you can't properly care for your animals, you should have them. Period stop. I, too, hope they take Jasmine away from those retards. They obviously don't have enough brains to take care of her. :mad:

Two years ago this May I drove over a hill here (E.TX) and found a 2 month old Lab pup in the middle of the road. She was well cared for and very gentile, there were no close houses so I took her home.
I think somebody had just put here on the road from a car. The next few months were a real trial, she was not house broken or trained in any way and I already had three dogs (all somebody else’s rejects), I tried to give her away twice but now I wouldn’t part with her for anything.
Raising a dog is hard, even harder to raise a large dog. You have done all you can short of taking the dog yourself.
If they treat a puppy this way one can only wonder how well they care for a child?
Good on you.

Thank you, everyone, for the support. Sometimes I think people should have to pass a basic intelligence test before they're allowed to have a pet OR a child!!!

I personally cannot stand people who abuse animals (neglect is a form of abuse too, as far as I see it). Once, when I was younger, like 17, there was this street dog in our town, we all fed him and such. Good dog, nice. Friendly to people. And this one guy, bad guy, kicked him and broke his jaw. Made my girlfriend (who is my wife now) cry, she loved that dog. That guy, he was older than me, but not much bigger, and I was 3d class in kickboxing by then. So one day, I caught him, after school, and broke his jaw. :)

Seriously, good for you. Animals are our little brothers and sisters, we should not hurt them.

I personally cannot stand people who abuse animals (neglect is a form of abuse too, as far as I see it). Once, when I was younger, like 17, there was this street dog in our town, we all fed him and such. Good dog, nice. Friendly to people. And this one guy, bad guy, kicked him and broke his jaw. Made my girlfriend (who is my wife now) cry, she loved that dog. That guy, he was older than me, but not much bigger, and I was 3d class in kickboxing by then. So one day, I caught him, after school, and broke his jaw. :)

Seriously, good for you. Animals are our little brothers and sisters, we should not hurt them.

Thanks, Prapor...I couldn't agree more. And I LOVE that story! You're my new idol. :bravo:

Sounds like the right call was made....pat yourself on the back (too many people just turn the other cheek these days).

Back