What to write?

Damien435

I'm going to write my Congresswoman to ask her to lean on the SD Army National Guard to grant me a waiver for a couple screws in my left knee that in no way effect my physical performance and are smaller than the screws in your sunglasses. What should I include in this letter? Right now I want to get a letter from my surgeon saying that what the Army wants me to do (go under the knife again) would do far more harm than good and that the screws are harmless where they are, a retired sergeant who was in military intelligence who will write me a letter of referral, a couple letters of referral from some of my professors, and (this could be tricky) two of the same screws that are in my knee to show just how small the screws really are.

Has anyone here ever written one of these letters? Do you have any suggestions are things I should mention, things to avoid (like you know, calling the Army policy a crock full of **** would be a no-no) or perhaps a better method of going about this? Unfortunately my Congresswoman's job is quite secure so I don't see a threat to vote for the other candidate or a potential campaign contribution as being enough to get this pushed through. Plus that could be considered bribery.

The most important letter would be that of your surgeon. If that doesn't work, go and write a letter to your Congresswoman. If that doesn't work, go to the Press.

Back