What WOULD be your MOS?

echo

For thoes of us not currently serving in the military. What would you like to do if per say you were in the military!

I think I would like to do something with Diving. Im guessing that would be Combat Divers or something.
Anyone know what that would actually be or what my options for a MOS in diving are ?

If I was an american and I was in the military The National Training Center at Fort Irwin south eastern California would be a nice spot to be posted I think. Driving around with vismods and doing mock battles against visiting forces with OPFOR tactics. I got the impression of NTC to be one of the most important training facilitys for light and mechanized infantry in combined arms tactics in the whole US. 8)

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:

SAINT said:
I would like to be at least a general.. haha

But I'd really like to be a spy...

Do you know of anything you would like to be thats more down to earth?

Doc.S said:
If I was an american and I was in the military The National Training Center at Fort Irwin south eastern California would be a nice spot to be posted I think. Driving around with vismods and doing mock battles against visiting forces with OPFOR tactics. I got the impression of NTC to be one of the most important training facilitys for light and mechanized infantry in combined arms tactics in the whole US. 8)

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:

That does sound like fun!

MOS

I would like to either do Electrical or something combat

I'm having trouble decide cause i don't wanna be doing something i won't like

and how do we really know if i'll like Infantry

can't find anything out there that'll tell me detailed info about being an infantryman

Can Anyone Help????

Jason: My apologies to you, and the forum for being extremely off-topic with this post. But i feel that I must respond to you post.

while it is true that Carlos Hathcock was a great long distance sniper, and was involved with the removal of many important or High Ranking individuals, I really would perfer that the implication that he was an assassin (as the profession you seem to imply that he was) not be bandied on the forum so lightly..as also that i would perfer that you not think of yourself in this fashion.

One of the common defitnitions of an assassain is this: n 1: a murderer (especially one who kills a prominent political figure) who kills by a treacherous surprise attack and often is hired to do the deed; "his assassins were hunted down like animals"

Carlos was a professional in the service of the United States. He started off as a rifleman, just like any other Marine. It was discovered however, that he had a talent for long distance sniping. Knowing that there was a chance to put those skill to use, and shorten the war in some aspects, Carlos volunteered to do this particular task. Yes, you had to be a volunteer for that type duty: I am led to believe that Carlos did what he did for his country, and not because it was something that he was paid to do, deliberetly.

Im not saying that a long range sniper is not a honorable profession: it is a difficult and often necessary task in war. i just object to implying that Carlos was an assassin, and that you figure that is what you would be called as well.

Its publically posted, as to share my views with the other readers: please PM me if there are any questions that should remain private, or respond to the post as normal.

Mark

Jason Bourne said:
my MOS is killin.

actually Infantry or maybe Counter Terrorism, i will be an assassin like the great HATHCOCK.

Save the killing part for after you've been in combat.

Me well I can't be modest Admiral Aaron Brandt Surgeon General of The United States.....

But first I'd be a regular US Navy Doctor/Surgeon.... Yeah I get to save Marines.

But If I were an infantrymen, I would like to be the US Navy Ground Forces Command where I'd be a regualr Infantrymen.

Otherwise it Would be the 82nd Airborne Division for me, and of course we officers are the first to jump and the last ones off the field.

I wouldn't care what my MOs was, as long as it would be waaaay back behind the frontline ;)

I'd like to be with either regular or anti-aircraft artillery

Back