What would your dream military job be?

Shadowalker

I was just wondering, if you could belong to any branch, of any military in the world, what would your dream profession be?

Mine would be B-1B pilot in the US airforce.

Commander of my very own M1A2 Abrams tank, on lease from the U.S. Taxpayers of course.

Oh, and the 'dream' part of that situation is air conditioning. :lol:

Capt, 441 Squadron. CF-18 Pilot. Either that or a CH-146 Griffon pilot with 407 squadron at CFB Edmonton.

CO of any of HMCS (with the exception of the Preserver and Protectuer, I'm not a big fan of the AOR Vessels).

I'm already at step one to achieving that, as well.

MilidarUSMC said:
the job i got :). USMC-Crew Chief CH-46E helicopter. i get to look good, get all the chicks and fly around :).

What are the prerequisites for that job, how hard is it to get selected and what is your job description?

I've thought about becoming an american citizen and enlisting in the USAF and becoming a loadmaster for one of the cargo planes.

my job requires a high GT score on the ASVAB, i think 130 is the minimum and high scores all across, i got an 88 out of 99 so i was good to go, its not that hard to be selected per say, its harder to stay in the program. you put up w/ a lot of stuff to become a crew chief, some of which i havnt done yet. ive been through AirCrew school which is a lot of swimming and stupid PO's that think they are drill instructors, then i went through SERE school which is just crazy, and i just completed Mech school this week, and Friday i head over to flight school, through all these schools you stay in the training pipeline longer than most any other MOS. ill be in a year and half before i get out to the fleet. most other jobs its 6-12 weeks and your working on your job. i havnt even done my job yet.

its not taht hard to get selected but the pipeline you go through to get the job is quite difficult. but rewarding.

MilidarUSMC said:
my job requires a high GT score on the ASVAB, i think 130 is the minimum and high scores all across, i got an 88 out of 99 so i was good to go, its not that hard to be selected per say, its harder to stay in the program. you put up w/ a lot of stuff to become a crew chief, some of which i havnt done yet. ive been through AirCrew school which is a lot of swimming and stupid PO's that think they are drill instructors, then i went through SERE school which is just crazy, and i just completed Mech school this week, and Friday i head over to flight school, through all these schools you stay in the training pipeline longer than most any other MOS. ill be in a year and half before i get out to the fleet. most other jobs its 6-12 weeks and your working on your job. i havnt even done my job yet.

its not taht hard to get selected but the pipeline you go through to get the job is quite difficult. but rewarding.
Three words:
"Nuclear Power School"

That is the longest "A" school, it takes three years, and most that graduate have the chance at getting plucked for ROTC or the Academy.

Back