WHAT WOULD A TEA PARTY NATION LOOK LIKE???????

Are the Tea Baggers all racist homophobes? No. But its funny to how the racists and homophobes all seem to associate themselves with the Tea Party. That would mean that there is something about the tea party that attracts these losers. After all, you don't see them joining the Democrats do you? For any Tea Parter that isn't a racist, that should speak volumes about the people the tea party message is attracting.

The Tea Party is junk food for your ears. They talk a good line, but they really don't have much of a plan going on past the slogans. Slogans are easy, good ideas that actually work are not. This is where the tea party is deficient. Its easy to say "cut taxes" but how do they plan on doing without blowing up the deficit, increasing debt, or cutting popular services. Do you know what the Tea Party sounds like? REPUBLICANS.

We still are trying to pay off the "taxcuts" (read: upwards wealth redistribution) done by the Bush Administration in 2001 and 2003.

The tactic these liberals want to use to discredit the Tea Party is commonly referred to as "THE BIG LIE".

It works on the principal that if you lie loud enough and long enough people tend to accept it as truth.

Source? Fo me that sounds like a famous Winston Churchill quotation defending the DoW desinformarion campaigns in WWII...??

Rattler

No, it was one of your country men who coined the term.:lol:
It is not surprising you are not aware of this, as I expect his book is probably banned in Germany.

"The Big Lie is a propaganda technique. The expression was coined by Adolf Hitler in his 1925 autobiography Mein Kampf for a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Lie

I am only using wikipedia as a source here because "The Big LIE" tactic is such a universally known propaganda technique that it is easily sourced.

Any student who ever had a political science course after 1940 would be aware of it.:|

I don't think I can prove anything to you. I will wait until your college education advances and you take a political science class and learn about the "BIG LIE" tactic.

It is like this thread, so many ignore it is based on a opinion piece article. One mans opinion and the liberals are singing Hallelujah, and amen!:lol:
Why, because thats what they want to Hear.

Like I said, see you after you have taken political science. Although, I am not sure colleges have as many required courses as they used too.
Well, they may not require as many PolySci courses, but they sure as hell require more English and Composition courses. LMAO!

I am not even a supporter of the Tea Party, but I do tend to agree with their core issue about government over spending. After I pay my state, Federal taxes, here in Los Angeles county I pay 9.75% sales tax on everything I buy.
One bright spot is if you have your way, after I am gone, and you are paying the bills, sales tax will be 97.5%.:lol:

I am sure that makes you believe I am a far right wing fanatic. Maybe someday when you are out in the world trying to make a living on your own, you will appreciate knowing where your money goes.
So if you agree with the Tea Party on their core platform, how are you NOT a supporter of the Tea Party? LOL Chukpike, you can't have your cake and eat it, too. You cannot disagree with liberals on this forum because you hate liberals and then say you DON'T SUPPORT the issue you're arguing. Unless we're supposed to assume you are playing Devil's Advocate (although it wouldn't surprise me).

PS, the government has had to overspend as of late to counteract the sh*t storm of an economy GWB put us in. Also, just because you disagree with the government's spending doesn't make you a right wing fanatic. It is your views on many other numerous issues that makes you a right wing fanatic.

I read all of the posts in this thread, and came to the conclusion that there is more prejudice than reason involved in this discussion. Anyone can join the so called TEA Party movement simply by showing up at a rally, or by joining one of the hundreds of internet groups. The group has no single spokesman to curb the excesses of individual members, unless you include Sarah Palin. She is not the choice of many members of the movement, and is indeed considered unqualified to be a presidential candidate by the people who run TEA Party Nation.

What I am trying to communicate is that there are fringe elements present who are not representative of the consensus of the movement's members, though they claim membership. These fringe elements attract the attention of the press because they are more "exciting" than others who simply stand and let their presence at the rally speak for itself. Furthermore there are many who never attend rallies, myself included, who are not visible but support the movement in principle.

http://www.teapartynation.com/
"Tea Party Nation (or TPN) is a user-driven group of like-minded people who desire our God given Individual Freedoms which were written out by the Founding Fathers. We believe in Limited Government, Free Speech, the 2nd Amendment, our Military, Secure Borders and our Country!"

Those selected "beliefs" are shared by many people who are not even involved in the movement. It remains to be seen whether they are all shared by everyone who IS involved, either online or at rallies. For example there is the group represented by http://www.crashtheteaparty.org/ who admit that they intend to disrupt activities, in opposition to the principles of the TEA Party. Any bets on whether the news reporters will distinguish them from real members of the movement?

The development of political parties is an unfortunate result of the fixed term election by district system. What seems to infuriate the existing parties most of all is that someone should have the gall to want a third party option. The power of a third party was best shown in 1992 when United We Stand under Ross Perot took 19% of the vote in a presidential election. At TPN the management is firmly against running a third party presidential candidate, choosing to believe that the republican party can be transformed from its lackluster performance and reenergized to gain victory in both 2010 and 2012.

I am an independent voter. I reject both existing political parties because they want to concentrate power at the federal level, disenfranchising both the states and the people of the nation. I expect that the time will come within the next ten years or so when the states rise up against the federal government to strip it down to a manageable size, using some popular movement like the TEA Party movement as a driving force. On the other hand, I thought 13 years ago back in 1997 that federal powers would be challenged by now, so my timing is a bit off. The key factor making a states' rights movement possible now is the current depression with tens of millions out of work and angry about federal government deficits. There is talk about a federal "value added tax" coming to reduce the deficit. I say - "Go ahead, make my day" to that notion. Taxed Enough Already is a serious protest, not just a slogan...
Edit1 :
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasjeff125003.html
Edit2 :
This is for mmarsh, who claims that nobody has a plan - see my post at :
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/tax-day-coming-around-yet-t82484.html
Even the TPN management recoiled in horror from my plan - the total destruction of all political parties.

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Last edited:
I read all of the posts in this thread, and came to the conclusion that there is more prejudice than reason involved in this discussion. Anyone can join the so called TEA Party movement simply by showing up at a rally, or by joining one of the hundreds of internet groups. The group has no single spokesman to curb the excesses of individual members, unless you include Sarah Palin. She is not the choice of many members of the movement, and is indeed considered unqualified to be a presidential candidate by the people who run TEA Party Nation.

What I am trying to communicate is that there are fringe elements present who are not representative of the consensus of the movement's members, though they claim membership. These fringe elements attract the attention of the press because they are more "exciting" than others who simply stand and let their presence at the rally speak for itself. Furthermore there are many who never attend rallies, myself included, who are not visible but support the movement in principle.

"Tea Party Nation (or TPN) is a user-driven group of like-minded people who desire our God given Individual Freedoms which were written out by the Founding Fathers. We believe in Limited Government, Free Speech, the 2nd Amendment, our Military, Secure Borders and our Country!"

Those selected "beliefs" are shared by many people who are not even involved in the movement. It remains to be seen whether they are all shared by everyone who IS involved, either online or at rallies. For example there is the group represented by http://www.crashtheteaparty.org/ who admit that they intend to disrupt activities, in opposition to the principles of the TEA Party. Any bets on whether the news reporters will distinguish them from real members of the movement?

The development of political parties is an unfortunate result of the fixed term election by district system. What seems to infuriate the existing parties most of all is that someone should have the gall to want a third party option. The power of a third party was best shown in 1992 when United We Stand under Ross Perot took 19% of the vote in a presidential election. At TPN the management is firmly against running a third party presidential candidate, choosing to believe that the republican party can be transformed from its lackluster performance and reenergized to gain victory in both 2010 and 2012.

I am an independent voter. I reject both existing political parties because they want to concentrate power at the federal level, disenfranchising both the states and the people of the nation. I expect that the time will come within the next ten years or so when the states rise up against the federal government to strip it down to a manageable size, using some popular movement like the TEA Party movement as a driving force. On the other hand, I thought 13 years ago back in 1997 that federal powers would be challenged by now, so my timing is a bit off. The key factor making a states' rights movement possible now is the current depression with tens of millions out of work and angry about federal government deficits. There is talk about a federal "value added tax" coming to reduce the deficit. I say - "Go ahead, make my day" to that notion. Taxed Enough Already is a serious protest, not just a slogan...

Lonnie Courtney Clay

This is well put. The federal government was never intended to have the control it exerts now.

People who claim that the Tea Party is nothing but right wing Republicans are blind. The Republican Party would love to claim them.

Ross Perot and United We Stand is what elected Clinton to the White House, by taking votes from Bush Sr. The Tea Party does not want to form a third party, they want to influence legislators both Democrat and Republican. Although United We Stand gave Clinton the election, he and the Democratic Party was under no obligation to listen to their points.

The Tea Party won't have to control a majority, they will only have to get candidates who want their votes to follow their position. They will not care if it is a Democrat or Republican as long as they have the politicians ear.

So if you agree with the Tea Party on their core platform, how are you NOT a supporter of the Tea Party? LOL Chukpike, you can't have your cake and eat it, too.
Yes I agree on a issue, I don't donate or attend meetings, but I have gone passed the superifcial news sensationalism to learn something about their platform.

Do you whole heartedly support the NRA because you agree people should be able to own some guns?
Maybe you could explain why I think people have the right to free speech, but not if it interferes with right for a parent to mourn the loss of their son at a funeral.
Please Rob, help me explain how it might be possible to agree on some issues with out having to support everything a organization stands for?

Nope, Rob is either for or against and that's the way it is, his way or the highway.

Rob thinks because I don't support gay marriage, I am anti Gay, they are not mutually inclusive.

Everything is not black or white.

You cannot disagree with liberals on this forum because you hate liberals and then say you DON'T SUPPORT the issue you're arguing.
? LOL:lol:

And you think I need help with English composition?

As someone pointed out in another thread, you can always tell when Rob is losing a debate, he tries to change the subject to spelling. :wink:

Yes I agree on a issue, I don't donate or attend meetings, but I have gone passed the superifcial news sensationalism to learn something about their platform.

Do you whole heartedly support the NRA because you agree people should be able to own some guns?
Maybe you could explain why I think people have the right to free speech, but not if it interferes with right for a parent to mourn the loss of their son at a funeral.
Please Rob, help me explain how it might be possible to agree on some issues with out having to support everything a organization stands for?

Nope, Rob is either for or against and that's the way it is, his way or the highway.

Rob thinks because I don't support gay marriage, I am anti Gay, they are not mutually inclusive.

Everything is not black or white.
Oh! So you're a hypocrite. You actually don't believe what you have in your signature from the wise Voltaire. You think free speech is okay when YOU agree with it, but if you don't agree with the way it's being used, then it shouldn't be allowed. I see.

You agree with their CORE PLATFORM. Not some minor issue that doesn't really matter. You agree with the very principal on which the Tea Party was founded. You support them by agreeing with the reason for their existence.

BTW, it's "superficial." ;)
? LOL:lol:

And you think I need help with English composition?

As someone pointed out in another thread, you can always tell when Rob is losing a debate, he tries to change the subject to spelling. :wink:
I'm sorry, but that sentence makes perfect grammatical sense. It's not my fault you don't have the education level high enough to comprehend it.

And yet they keep inviting her, that sends a rather mixed message doesn't it? Its one of the many underlying hypocrisys/inconsistences that is the Tea Party

Those elements are larger than you want to admit. They are collection of all the extremist groups that used to be in the Republican Party. From the radical pro-life, the tax reformers (those that want to ban the IRS), to the screwer end like the Birthers and the militias and there very self serving narrow-minded interpretation of the constitution. Look at Sarah Palin -her family was involoved in a Alaska sessionist movement. That isnt mainstream America, thats Cuckooland USA. And if the media focuses on them that really is the fault of the tea party for not doing enough to kick the fruitcakes out. Ultimately you control your own membership not the media.

Again more hypocrisy. You claim to be different from other political parties but you are really the same. For example you promote small government but when your de facto leader (Palin) was Governor, her state was of the biggest porkers in Washington. And whats so special about what you believe in? Do you really think that Liberals, Moderates and others dont believe in liberty, America, etc? THOSE ARE ONLY SLOGANS. the ideas you promote are exactly the ones the GOP has promoted since Ronald Reagan.

Ronald Reagan talked a good line about big intrusive government, until he became President and created the biggest government in US History. The Tea Party is no different, they crave power just like the GOP and Dems do.

I don't think you want to make accusations about disruptive politics. The Tea Party took that to whole new levels in 2009. Do you remember the Healthcare town hall meetings? Or the spreading of outrageous lies about Death Panals as if Obama were a Dr. Menegele

I agree about having 3rd parties, but political parties formed by extremists and crazy conspiracy theories (birthers and many others) is not the way to go. It didn't fly with the John Birch Society back in the day it wont fly now.

I am Center-Left voter. American have very little to complain about in terms of how much taxes they pay. Compared to what other countries pay in taxes, we pay very little. You should see what I have to pay in France. My arguement is not that we pay too much (we don't), its that the money is pissed away on things like taxcuts for millionaires and wars against brown people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Income_Taxes_By_Country.svg
Chart from OECD 2005.

Edit1 :
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasjeff125003.html
Edit2 :
This is for mmarsh, who claims that nobody has a plan - see my post at :
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/tax-day-coming-around-yet-t82484.html
Even the TPN management recoiled in horror from my plan - the total destruction of all political parties.

I read your post, but you didn't explain was how we prevent the entire US economy from collapsing as a result. Your ideas are just slogans, they sound good but in todays reality are unworkable, I dont think any economist could possibly back such ideas. #3 sounds perfect way like a way to turn America into a Oligarchy.

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Embedded

Oh! So you're a hypocrite. You actually don't believe what you have in your signature from the wise Voltaire. You think free speech is okay when YOU agree with it, but if you don't agree with the way it's being used, then it shouldn't be allowed. I see.

You agree with their CORE PLATFORM. Not some minor issue that doesn't really matter. You agree with the very principal on which the Tea Party was founded. You support them by agreeing with the reason for their existence.

BTW, it's "superficial." ;)
I'm sorry, but that sentence makes perfect grammatical sense. It's not my fault you don't have the education level high enough to comprehend it.
Whatever Rob, down to name calling and spelling errors. I have no further response.

I had expected your sarcasm indicator to be more sensitive :)

Anyway, your source is sufficient for me, this part of my post answered. :)

Rattler

No, it was one of your country men who coined the term.:lol:
It is not surprising you are not aware of this, as I expect his book is probably banned in Germany.

"The Big Lie is a propaganda technique. The expression was coined by Adolf Hitler in his 1925 autobiography Mein Kampf for a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Lie

I had expected your sarcasm indicator to be more sensitive :)

Anyway, your source is sufficient for me, this part of my post answered. :)

Rattler

Actually it isn't answered, as William James (Psychologist 1842-1910) said of lying "There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough, people will believe it."

And Lenin (1870 - 1924) wrote "A lie told often enough becomes truth"

Both of these were characters clearly made the statements prior to Hitler's Mein Kampf (1924-1925) statement so it is more likely that he was actually paraphrasing either of these two.

Actually it isn't answered, as William James (Psychologist 1842-1910) said of lying "There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough, people will believe it."

And Lenin (1870 - 1924) wrote "A lie told often enough becomes truth"

Both of these were characters clearly made the statements prior to Hitler's Mein Kampf (1924-1925) statement so it is more likely that he was actually paraphrasing either of these two.

Try to keep up.:-D
We weren't looking for an original quote. Rattler wanted a source to define the propaganda technique("The Big Lie") I described in an earlier post. And whether Hitler was the first to use it was irrelevant.

So Rattler received what he requested.

Attacks will stop as of now. Ethier discuss it civil or I will adjust fire on ALL involved elements.

Sounds like another politician paying a bribe & the article reads like a typical Liberal Media smear campaign.
Typically the politician is the one being bribed, their Jobs don't really pay well enough on their own to do this very well. Secondly the right is no less prone to mud-slinging than the left or center is.

America really needs a large, third Center party to counteract the two right and left parties.

Typically the politician is the one being bribed, their Jobs don't really pay well enough on their own to do this very well. Secondly the right is no less prone to mud-slinging than the left or center is.

America really needs a large, third Center party to counteract the two right and left parties.
Tain't never gonna happen ...

There are way too many special interest groups out there with their hands out.

"America really needs a large, third Center party to counteract the two right and left parties". -Czin

Agree with the Chief here. Not only would special interest not like it, the two other parties wouldn't like it either.

Case in point: the Tea Party.

The Republican party is beginning to get very worried about the Tea Party, because they are overwhelming conservative and is so far it as resisting calls to join the GOP. Haley Barbour was whining about this just last week, and hes right. If the Tea Party stays independent come November it will split the conservative vote, which of course is exactly what Reid and Pelosi are praying for.

Of course if it joins the GOP that it will prove its critics accusations of the TP correct, that the TP is nothing but the orafice of the Republican Party. Which would totally destroy the TP self-image of being an independent movement.

Both Democrats and the GOP have suffered election losses due to 3rd parties in the past 2 decades. Ross Perot hurt G.W Bush the 1991 reelection and Ralph Nader was largely responsible for Gore's loss in 2000.

So Neither Dems nor the GOP is going to welcome any outsiders.

Last edited:
"America really needs a large, third Center party to counteract the two right and left parties". -Czin

Agree with the Chief here. Not only would special interest not like it, the two other parties wouldn't like it either.

Case in point: the Tea Party.

The Republican party is beginning to get very worried about the Tea Party, because they are overwhelming conservative and is so far it as resisting calls to join the GOP. Haley Barbour was whining about this just last week, and hes right. If the Tea Party stays independent come November it will split the conservative vote, which of course is exactly what Reid and Pelosi are praying for.

Of course if it joins the GOP that it will prove its critics accusations of the TP correct, that the TP is nothing but the orafice of the Republican Party. Which would totally destroy the TP self-image of being an independent movement.

Both Democrats and the GOP have suffered election losses due to 3rd parties in the past 2 decades. Ross Perot hurt G.W Bush the 1991 reelection and Ralph Nader was largely responsible for Gore's loss in 2000.

So Neither Dems nor the GOP is going to welcome any outsiders.
Sounds like you're arguing that the "Big Govt." Republicans of the Bush Admin is the Centrist Party vs the Conservative Tea Partyers?

I don't see where he said the Republican Party was centrist.
Most likely that the Republican Party is very conservative and the Tea Party is even more conservative.
It's not like it's a slider with only three absolute settings.

ok, these things you people spew out of your stupid mouths, all of you, are called STEREOTYPES, and these are frowned upon in most societies, i consider myself a libertarian, i think the way the constitution is written is how the government should be run. The best government is one that governs the least. That being said, im quite socially liberal, i personally think abortions wrong but its not my life to butt into yours, im very much for gay rights, i think drugs should be legal, ok, lets stop attacking each other and start actually debating the issues, also i like alot of the healthcare bill, but i really dont like some of it. All of you are attacking like a bunch of 3 year olds on temper tanturm, and im 16, which is kinda said that i saying this.......:x:x:x:x:x

Back