What would you suggest?

jonasjunca

Im 20 years old, had a little bit of military training, took an jrotc class when i lived in us and thats about it.
I would like to join a foreign army, us would be the first choice, but im not sure if i can do that since im not a citizen. what would you suggest? how should i train and prepare myself for whatever the tests are?
thanks alot. Jonas

What about making an effort to improve your own military.
What´s the action you're looking for? The chance to kill other people?

I want to make a change and in my country it is almost immpossible. It is very hard to go on missions, no future opportunities. I want to join a real army, not some post communist alcoholic organisation.

Can you get back to the US?
If you can. Do it and jump through all the hoops to get into the US Army or Marines whatever your best suited to... not going to be easy but it what I would do if I were you.

Im pretty sure you cant join the us millitary unless you are a us citizen, is that true?

If so what are my other choices? what do you guys think about FFL?

Im pretty sure you cant join the us millitary unless you are a us citizen, is that true?

If so what are my other choices? what do you guys think about FFL?

you can join with a green card then get Citizenship form there whilst in...

French Foreign Legion isn't for everybody do your research and get to know what your in for before you try and get in. It is also very competitive to get in nowadays.

From what I have heard/read they treat you like sh!t and you can experience a very harsh life but some people find it rewarding.

There have been people on here who have been in the legion and there are a couple of threads floating around on here about the legion so do some searches...

Good luck on the path you choose

Read 'a mouthful of rocks' by Christian Jennings and 'Marching with the devil' by David mason and that will giveyou an idea of what you are in for...

I personally would say try and go for the US option would work out better for you, as they will actually care about you...

France still has the Foreign Legion, all you have do is to go there and sign and they even teach you French.

Back