What will Iran do?

--

February 19th, 2006  
zander_0633

Topic: What will Iran do?

There has been much speculation on wheather US would attack Iran. What if US attacks Iran, what type of scenerio can we expect?

Will Iran use nuclear? Will there be a terrorist support for Iran? Will Isreal join the US to attack Iran to help "Destroy the Axis OF Evil"?

February 19th, 2006  
Missileer

I don't think the US or anyone else is about to attack Iran without long talks in the back room first. Iran would have to do something pretty bad at this point to warrant a full out attack by the EU or US. Of course, they are beginning a seminar for homicide bombers and from what I see on the news, they're signing a large number of young people to participate.
February 19th, 2006  
phoenix80

That s my take

http://thespiritofman.blogspot.com/2006/02/should-we-ignore-it.html

That is another interesting take

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/Commentary/com-2_18_06_JQ.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
I don't think the US or anyone else is about to attack Iran without long talks in the back room first. Iran would have to do something pretty bad at this point to warrant a full out attack by the EU or US. Of course, they are beginning a seminar for homicide bombers and from what I see on the news, they're signing a large number of young people to participate.
100 radical militants are nothing serious and it is just propaganda made by the evil islamic regime of Iran.

Notice that most of those are from Palestine and are not Iranians by birth though.
--
February 19th, 2006  
LeEnfield

I think it will go much the same as Iraq, where the collation will really score is in air power. Also modern technology will also play a major role, again the battle tanks supported by gunships will prove to be an effective force. The thing to remember is taking a country is one thing, controlling it is some thing else.
February 19th, 2006  
boris116

The first and foremost condition of american invasion is a stable situation in Iraq. When it can be achieved, only Rumsfeld knows...

Iran is much bigger country than Iraq and requires more troops to conquer.
Another unknown - reaction of the Sunni Arab world - they love to hate the Iranians, but what will they do?
February 19th, 2006  
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris116
The first and foremost condition of american invasion is a stable situation in Iraq. When it can be achieved, only Rumsfeld knows...

Iran is much bigger country than Iraq and requires more troops to conquer.
Another unknown - reaction of the Sunni Arab world - they love to hate the Iranians, but what will they do?
Nothing!
February 19th, 2006  
boris116

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix80
Nothing!
Please, elaborate, phoenix!

Will they do nothing to help the fellow muslims or do nothing to help the Americans? Or use this to heat up anti-american hatred even more for their own benefit?
February 19th, 2006  
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris116
Please, elaborate, phornix!

Will they do nothing to help the fellow muslims or do nothing to help the Americans? Or use this to heat up anti-american hatred even more for their own benefit?
I doubt that fellow muslims come to help Iranian regime in a probable war with the western powers.

I also highly doubt that even Iranian people go to defend their despotic regime and government.
February 19th, 2006  
Rabs

There throwing rocks at our emberssays for drawings made in europe, which we then condemned they cant hate us much more.

Also attacking Iran doesnt necessarily mean invasion.
February 19th, 2006  
boris116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabs
There throwing rocks at our emberssays for drawings made in europe, which we then condemned they cant hate us much more.

Also attacking Iran doesn't necessarily mean invasion.
Air attacks would not be sufficient.
Iran is not Serbia. The Mullahs will dig in.
And we will not bomb their oil wells, don't we?