What will Iran do?

zander_0633

Milforum Gnat
There has been much speculation on wheather US would attack Iran. What if US attacks Iran, what type of scenerio can we expect?

Will Iran use nuclear? Will there be a terrorist support for Iran? Will Isreal join the US to attack Iran to help "Destroy the Axis OF Evil"?

:santam16:

I don't think the US or anyone else is about to attack Iran without long talks in the back room first. Iran would have to do something pretty bad at this point to warrant a full out attack by the EU or US. Of course, they are beginning a seminar for homicide bombers and from what I see on the news, they're signing a large number of young people to participate.

That s my take

http://thespiritofman.blogspot.com/2006/02/should-we-ignore-it.html

That is another interesting take

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/Commentary/com-2_18_06_JQ.html

Missileer said:
I don't think the US or anyone else is about to attack Iran without long talks in the back room first. Iran would have to do something pretty bad at this point to warrant a full out attack by the EU or US. Of course, they are beginning a seminar for homicide bombers and from what I see on the news, they're signing a large number of young people to participate.

100 radical militants are nothing serious and it is just propaganda made by the evil islamic regime of Iran.

Notice that most of those are from Palestine and are not Iranians by birth though.

I think it will go much the same as Iraq, where the collation will really score is in air power. Also modern technology will also play a major role, again the battle tanks supported by gunships will prove to be an effective force. The thing to remember is taking a country is one thing, controlling it is some thing else.

The first and foremost condition of american invasion is a stable situation in Iraq. When it can be achieved, only Rumsfeld knows...

Iran is much bigger country than Iraq and requires more troops to conquer.
Another unknown - reaction of the Sunni Arab world - they love to hate the Iranians, but what will they do?

boris116 said:
The first and foremost condition of american invasion is a stable situation in Iraq. When it can be achieved, only Rumsfeld knows...

Iran is much bigger country than Iraq and requires more troops to conquer.
Another unknown - reaction of the Sunni Arab world - they love to hate the Iranians, but what will they do?

Nothing!

phoenix80 said:

Please, elaborate, phoenix!

Will they do nothing to help the fellow muslims or do nothing to help the Americans? Or use this to heat up anti-american hatred even more for their own benefit?

Last edited:
boris116 said:
Please, elaborate, phornix!

Will they do nothing to help the fellow muslims or do nothing to help the Americans? Or use this to heat up anti-american hatred even more for their own benefit?

I doubt that fellow muslims come to help Iranian regime in a probable war with the western powers.

I also highly doubt that even Iranian people go to defend their despotic regime and government.

There throwing rocks at our emberssays for drawings made in europe, which we then condemned they cant hate us much more.

Also attacking Iran doesnt necessarily mean invasion.

Rabs said:
There throwing rocks at our emberssays for drawings made in europe, which we then condemned they cant hate us much more.

Also attacking Iran doesn't necessarily mean invasion.

Air attacks would not be sufficient.
Iran is not Serbia. The Mullahs will dig in.
And we will not bomb their oil wells, don't we?

The way I see it, there wont be a reason for a ground invasion. I think all we have to do is bomb the crap out of all there nuclear facilities. Then if they rebuild, crush 'em again.

Air attacks would not be sufficient.
Iran is not Serbia. The Mullahs will dig in.

The goal is not to elimnate their nuclear program its to hault it indefintely. Convince them its not worth going after.

Yes we can do it from the air especially if we pummel their air defense first.

What would be the point of bombing their oil wells?

It depends on what level of force America uses for sure. If it's some kind of combined Israeli-American ground occupation invasion then we might see WMDs deployed.

The most likely scenario is an airstrike. The Iranian response would be an all out blitz against our aircraft, likely torturing and executing captured pilots in the name of Islam. The retalliation would be concerted and focused terrorist actions to destabalize Iraq and Afghanistan and terrorist strikes on all manner of mid-east oil production and distribution facilities.

FutureDevilDog said:
The way I see it, there wont be a reason for a ground invasion. I think all we have to do is bomb the crap out of all there nuclear facilities. Then if they rebuild, crush 'em again.

Yes I agree with you. Sure they will capture some downed pilots and torture them on live television or something like that just to p**s off US so then we will just go in there and remind them who exactly is the stronger country.

phoenix80 said:
I also highly doubt that even Iranian people go to defend their despotic regime and government.

I think you are making the exact same history-repeating blunder that the planners of the Iraq invasion made. I think Iranians will die by the tens of thousands rather than be taken over by the great satan.

Power

zander_0633 said:
There has been much speculation on wheather US would attack Iran. What if US attacks Iran, what type of scenerio can we expect?

Will Iran use nuclear? Will there be a terrorist support for Iran? Will Isreal join the US to attack Iran to help "Destroy the Axis OF Evil"?

:santam16:
This is a touchy subject. However, it makes you think, when the U.S. later announced that they were turning to Nuclear power themselves. Just an observation!.

Steve

StevenPreece said:
This is a touchy subject. However, it makes you think, when the U.S. later announced that they were turning to Nuclear power themselves. Just an observation!.

Steve

...what did you say? No I'm serious, I really don't understand that that sentence was trying to say.

Whispering Death said:
I think you are making the exact same history-repeating blunder that the planners of the Iraq invasion made. I think Iranians will die by the tens of thousands rather than be taken over by the great satan.

no

once again you showed that your info on Iran is very very little

Whispering Death said:
...what did you say? No I'm serious, I really don't understand that that sentence was trying to say.
Although I fully appreciate that America is the super power policeman of the world, they are now looking to alternative sources of power instead of oil. Nuclear power was mentioned.

Given that this is the way forward, are Iran trying to acheive the same thing? Or do people believe this is a cover story to hide their real intentions.

My post was merely stating that the move to Nuclear Power could be innocent. But I can only make an assumption.

Regards

Steve

Given that this is the way forward, are Iran trying to acheive the same thing? Or do people believe this is a cover story to hide their real intentions.

My post was merely stating that the move to Nuclear Power could be innocent. But I can only make an assumption.

There trying to build nukes, hell even France thinks this.

Back