What will Iran do? - Page 3

--

February 20th, 2006  
zander_0633

Well, The US turned to Nuclear because it is cheaper and more cost effective to use Nuclear power than Oil.

BTW, Any idea what type of offensive weapons and vehicles that Iran own? I doubt the Iranians can shoot down a US plane!

I think the US will definitely use a large show of force! I think the US troops will spill out from the Iraq borders! But this is not an easy fight! The Iranian army is large! I don't think it is another Afganistan or Iraq! But than again, the Iranians might just run away liek that of the Iraqi soliders!
February 20th, 2006  
Rabs

Quote:
I think the US will definitely use a large show of force! I think the US troops will spill out from the Iraq borders! But this is not an easy fight! The Iranian army is large! I don't think it is another Afganistan or Iraq! But than again, the Iranians might just run away liek that of the Iraqi soliders!

No No No and No if something does happen in Iran it is an extremly remote chance ground troops will be used.
February 20th, 2006  
Whispering Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenPreece
Although I fully appreciate that America is the super power policeman of the world, they are now looking to alternative sources of power instead of oil. Nuclear power was mentioned.

Given that this is the way forward, are Iran trying to acheive the same thing? Or do people believe this is a cover story to hide their real intentions.

My post was merely stating that the move to Nuclear Power could be innocent. But I can only make an assumption.
Iran sits atop one of the largest oil fields in the world. They have so much oil they're just throwing it at other countires by the hundreds of thousands of barrels. What the hell do they need nuclear power for? You think the Mullahs got an environmental conscience all of a sudden?
--
February 20th, 2006  
StevenPreece

Fair Enough and point taken.

Cheers

Steve
February 20th, 2006  
zander_0633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabs
No No No and No if something does happen in Iran it is an extremly remote chance ground troops will be used.

WAd do you mean the ground troops will not be used? The US troops or the Iranian ground troops? The Iranians do have advance weapons! I think they have US-made planes!
February 20th, 2006  
sleepyscout

The key to bringing down Iran is from the inside. The U.S. has the man-power to invade and over power the Iranian military at the cost of ignoring Iraq but we lack the man power to sustain our selfís in an occupation. I donít know the political Situation inside of Iran but from what it sounds like on this forum there is some discontent. I think the west only option is too mount an insurgency inside of Iran and topple it from within. The first step to this would be too I donít know start broadcasting propaganda inside of Iran; Followed by Special Forces incursions to make contact with possible opposition leaders. Next we would supply the opposition leaders with funding and or weapons. As the insurgency grew we could openly use air strikes to support the insurgency. Will it work who knows but other then diplomatic means we have air strikes and thatís the limit of are military response. I think the people of the Middle East are not going to forget what we did too the Kurds in the first gulf war and that is going to hurt us. Just my thoughts and opinions.
February 20th, 2006  
zander_0633

well, I don't think this is a good method! Just look at Afganistan! The US helped it during the Soviet occupation and Osama became a Terrorist!
February 20th, 2006  
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander_0633
well, I don't think this is a good method! Just look at Afganistan! The US helped it during the Soviet occupation and Osama became a Terrorist!
And whats the relevancy here?
February 20th, 2006  
Rabs

Quote:
WAd do you mean the ground troops will not be used? The US troops or the Iranian ground troops? The Iranians do have advance weapons! I think they have US-made planes!
The US is not invadeing Iran.

Air strikes are not an invasion.
February 20th, 2006  
Whispering Death

Zander, I don't mean to be an ass but you really need to calm down. In a lot of these threads you post things that can be easily answered if you just do some basic research.

For instance:
Quote:
And the US helped Afghani rebel forces mostly through airstrikes in 2002 and now there is no taliban, no terrorist training camps, and Osama ran away into Pakistan.