What will Iran do? - Page 2




 
--
 
February 19th, 2006  
FutureDevilDog
 
 
The way I see it, there wont be a reason for a ground invasion. I think all we have to do is bomb the crap out of all there nuclear facilities. Then if they rebuild, crush 'em again.
February 19th, 2006  
Rabs
 
 
Quote:
Air attacks would not be sufficient.
Iran is not Serbia. The Mullahs will dig in.
And we will not bomb their oil wells, don't we?
The goal is not to elimnate their nuclear program its to hault it indefintely. Convince them its not worth going after.

Yes we can do it from the air especially if we pummel their air defense first.
Quote:
And we will not bomb their oil wells, don't we?
What would be the point of bombing their oil wells?
February 20th, 2006  
Whispering Death
 
 
It depends on what level of force America uses for sure. If it's some kind of combined Israeli-American ground occupation invasion then we might see WMDs deployed.

The most likely scenario is an airstrike. The Iranian response would be an all out blitz against our aircraft, likely torturing and executing captured pilots in the name of Islam. The retalliation would be concerted and focused terrorist actions to destabalize Iraq and Afghanistan and terrorist strikes on all manner of mid-east oil production and distribution facilities.
--
February 20th, 2006  
armlesscadet
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureDevilDog
The way I see it, there wont be a reason for a ground invasion. I think all we have to do is bomb the crap out of all there nuclear facilities. Then if they rebuild, crush 'em again.
Yes I agree with you. Sure they will capture some downed pilots and torture them on live television or something like that just to p**s off US so then we will just go in there and remind them who exactly is the stronger country.
February 20th, 2006  
Whispering Death
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix80
I also highly doubt that even Iranian people go to defend their despotic regime and government.
I think you are making the exact same history-repeating blunder that the planners of the Iraq invasion made. I think Iranians will die by the tens of thousands rather than be taken over by the great satan.
February 20th, 2006  
StevenPreece
 

Topic: Power


Quote:
Originally Posted by zander_0633
There has been much speculation on wheather US would attack Iran. What if US attacks Iran, what type of scenerio can we expect?

Will Iran use nuclear? Will there be a terrorist support for Iran? Will Isreal join the US to attack Iran to help "Destroy the Axis OF Evil"?

This is a touchy subject. However, it makes you think, when the U.S. later announced that they were turning to Nuclear power themselves. Just an observation!.

Steve
February 20th, 2006  
Whispering Death
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenPreece
This is a touchy subject. However, it makes you think, when the U.S. later announced that they were turning to Nuclear power themselves. Just an observation!.

Steve
...what did you say? No I'm serious, I really don't understand that that sentence was trying to say.
February 20th, 2006  
phoenix80
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
I think you are making the exact same history-repeating blunder that the planners of the Iraq invasion made. I think Iranians will die by the tens of thousands rather than be taken over by the great satan.
no

once again you showed that your info on Iran is very very little
February 20th, 2006  
StevenPreece
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
...what did you say? No I'm serious, I really don't understand that that sentence was trying to say.
Although I fully appreciate that America is the super power policeman of the world, they are now looking to alternative sources of power instead of oil. Nuclear power was mentioned.

Given that this is the way forward, are Iran trying to acheive the same thing? Or do people believe this is a cover story to hide their real intentions.

My post was merely stating that the move to Nuclear Power could be innocent. But I can only make an assumption.

Regards

Steve
February 20th, 2006  
Rabs
 
 
Quote:
Given that this is the way forward, are Iran trying to acheive the same thing? Or do people believe this is a cover story to hide their real intentions.

My post was merely stating that the move to Nuclear Power could be innocent. But I can only make an assumption.
There trying to build nukes, hell even France thinks this.