what is this weapon called?

lilwolf

I have been here for awhile now but have not gotten around to posting anything..... But I will do more od it here in a day or two..

In the mean time does anyone know what this weapons is called?

dadaed.jpg

Gator, The weapon shown in the "Wikipedia Sihang_Defenders" you quoted above looks to be a Mk I Bren Gun in 7.92mm (Straight magazine).

The original could be the Chinese made ZB26, once again in 7.92mm, but I'll stick with the Czech made version, as it seems to have the typical spindly legged (round section) bipod as fitted to the early model ZBs. The legs of the Chinese bipod was flatter in cross section more like the later Bren bipod.

Gator, The weapon shown in the "Wikipedia Sihang_Defenders" you quoted above looks to be a Mk I Bren Gun in 7.92mm (Straight magazine).

The original could be the Chinese made ZB26, once again in 7.92mm, but I'll stick with the Czech made version, as it seems to have the typical spindly legged (round section) bipod as fitted to the early model ZBs. The legs of the Chinese bipod was flatter in cross section more like the later Bren bipod.

Got me, Senojekips, I was just going by the listing for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZB_vz.26 the ZB vz. 26. The pic is kind of bad, but I dont know about the Brit model, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bren as it seems to have a clip like the Japenese one.

Thanks guys.... I have no idea what this is but I have a chance to buy it for 300 bucks in the condition it is in as a collectors item... I am licensed BTW.:cowb: Do you think it is worth that to buy?

Couldn't say, I don't know anything about the gun.
What does the person selling the weapon list it as?

Thanks guys.... I have no idea what this is but I have a chance to buy it for 300 bucks in the condition it is in as a collectors item... I am licensed BTW.:cowb: Do you think it is worth that to buy?

$300!? Is it a nonfunctional or something? Thats the only way I can think of you getting one of those for that price.

If its just a big paperweight, then don't waste your money. Unless of course you are into that sort of thing or want to sell the parts. Use the $300 to buy a AK or a nice SKS.

Last edited:
Not it is not functional and would only be a type of museum piece.... but he has no idea what it is either.. he got it at a gun auction about 45 years back somewhere in texas.... but I think I can get him down to around 200 bucks just because it is non functional:camo:

I already have an SKS and an AK (stole the AK and shipped it from Nam in 1971)...and still got it.

Good luck with it, there could be still markings on it to make it easier to pin down once you get your hands on it.

Good luck with it, there could be still markings on it to make it easier to pin down once you get your hands on it.

As soon as I get my hands on it I will put some digital photos here with numbers and such and see if then perhaps it can really be identified...

Back