What War Would You Have Been In?

in the old days of rome and greece, the powerful people had to serve in the militia. we should send some politicians over there, right wings and left wings and all in the middle.

I would fight in WWII, because it actually has a meaning. to stop Europe from turning into Nazi land and Asia into a puppet Japanese Empire.

Imagine what would've happen when Hitler takes over Europe:
1. Hitler statues everywhere!
2. Look miserable!
3. Every has Blond hair and blue Eyes!
4. Good German Beer.
5. everyone speaks German
6. Wears Swastikas and SS uniforms
7. And must salute and say "Heil Hitler!"
8. No Azns, Blacks, Just White people only
9. People with hitler mustaches
10 Book Burning
11. Mad Scientists who cut people open alive and without painkillers
12. Can't speak out freely or you will get hung
13. Your children will become the Hitler Youth
14. Efficient Work Force
15. Look Busy
16. No country But Germany or "Fatherland"
17. Different Groups of People getting killed everyday
18. No Religion but Hitlerism

Tons of other things, but too lazy to type it on.

How do you know things wont change. Hitler would have died by now leading to some kind of goverment, which may plan to change their actions to help the human population.
But I too would have liked the 2nd world war.

I hope I will never have to go to war.

That being said, if I had to choose, I would definitely choose WWII. IMO it was a war where good and evil were clearly defined. It is very rare that a war situation had such clear-cut definitions.

As for my personal war history - no-one in my family has served and fought in a war. Although my grandparents fled from the Japanese army when they invaded China. I've heard lots of horrid stories from my grandparents about that period.

WWII seems to be the war of choice if it came down to it, but I would have chosen Korea. We were their to prevent a country from being swallowed up by communism, just like we did in vietnam.

i would have liked to fight in wwII, im not a soldier and im not related to the military, but i have great respect for the nations like america, uk etc whose civilians went too war without argument and fought for their countries, i would have proudly fought for mine

I would have to say WW 1. The War to end all wars. Seeing things for the first time like AROPLANES, ZEPPLINS and TANKS would only be a few of the nice things too see. War is not a game young FULL METEL JACKET.

The only object of War is Peace

Soldier, Airmen and Sailors from the British Empire

http://www.cwgc.org/cwgcinternet/search.aspx

“LEST WE FORGET”

I still think this whole thread is in bad taste.

Seeing things for the first time like AROPLANES, ZEPPLINS and TANKS would only be a few of the nice things too see

No, it wouldn't have been "nice".

WW2 frontlines, anywhere they wanted me. Hand me a rifle and lemme go to work.

Either that or in the most recent Middle East Conflicts, but as a sniper (God Willing)
Hopeful.

Definitely 'Nam. I would have wanted to be in another war to come back without any thanks at all. Albeit Nam was a little bit worse than iraq on the matter. Plus they smoked weed, had prostitutes, and did all kinds of crazy stuff in Nam that just doesn't fly today.

All in all, get :cen: ed and mess up their world.

Not like today where you can't even have alcohol in-country. Different times.

Back