What War Would You Have Been In?

I finished my three years, End of Service, and was transferred to the 8th for three more years of inactive reserve duty. The 8th was a reinforcement group.

Missileer said:
I was discharged before VietNam fired up so I guess I was a Cold Warrior. When I finished my 3 years active duty, I was assigned to the 8th Army Corps for three years before I could get my discharge. I never want to go through that again. I think I'd just as soon to been in a reinforcement Bd and sent on over.

Did you get one of the Cold War Recognition Certificates?

350px-Cold_War_certificate_sample.jpg

Yeah, one of the guys at the AL post I belong to got one so I decided that I just had to have one. :) It looks okay and as far as I'm concerned, enough recognition for that period.

I would have voulnteered for any war, that my nation served in.

They put out the call I would have answered.

LeEnfield said:
Having been there and done that, all I can say just who in the right mind would want to go to war.

My sentiments exactly, from one who served in Vietnam.

Another observation.

Some of the loudest proponents of war are usually those that have never served in one. (a.k.a Chickenhawks).

Mod edit: Be careful with the name calling! Consider this a warning!

Re: What War Would You Of Been In?

FULLMETALJACKET said:
For those who have never been in war, are planning on joining the military, or have always waited to be asked the question, here you are.
me personally: Vietnam or WWII

I dont see much point in asking what war we would 'want' to be in. To be honest, it seems almost dishonoring to those who have served and fallen in wars, regardless of desire. I highly doubt than any soldier, in any war, no matter what nation, etc. wanted that war to happen. Certainly any who 'wanted' to go to war (Be it for adventure, etc.) quickly lost any appetite once they experienced the grim brutality of it.

As far as fighting for a cause, that is different. No one wants to go to war, but some things are worth fighting for. Those who have died protecting our freedom and liberties, despite personal desires or costs, understood that.

It seems downright disrespectful to say that you want to be in a war, one that has cost so many good mens lives. There are those who have served in wars, and perhaps they can tell you; you will never want to go to war.

Besides, as soldiers, it is not ones duty to determine which war to fight; merely to answer the call with courage, honor, and strength.

Anyways...I would like to be in the 18th century and the Napoleonic wars. Maybe medieval wars too. Not very much of a modern gun meself 8)

I would fight in WWII, because it actually has a meaning. to stop Europe from turning into Nazi land and Asia into a puppet Japanese Empire.

Imagine what would've happen when Hitler takes over Europe:
1. Hitler statues everywhere!
2. Look miserable!
3. Every has Blond hair and blue Eyes!
4. Good German Beer.
5. everyone speaks German
6. Wears Swastikas and SS uniforms
7. And must salute and say "Heil Hitler!"
8. No Azns, Blacks, Just White people only
9. People with hitler mustaches
10 Book Burning
11. Mad Scientists who cut people open alive and without painkillers
12. Can't speak out freely or you will get hung
13. Your children will become the Hitler Youth
14. Efficient Work Force
15. Look Busy
16. No country But Germany or "Fatherland"
17. Different Groups of People getting killed everyday
18. No Religion but Hitlerism

Tons of other things, but too lazy to type it on.

eventually other ways would of evolved and hitlerism would turn into some other "ism." So everything wouldnt be, NAZI this NAZI that.

everythings eventual

World War II

Germany And Japan possibley compeiting against Soviet Union And United States. or see if Japan and Germany would conquer the world and see of those two who would conquer each other.

LeEnfield wrote:
Having been there and done that, all I can say just who in the right mind would want to go to war.

Amen

DTop wrote:
I must say though that I am amazed at the whole topic of conversation here.

Ditto

It is just human nature. Why do you think millions marched off to WW1? The first day of battle they probably all wanted to go home. And that is why wars are still fought today, humans are obsessed with it but it is not the grunts who choose to wage war, but the politicians who have never experienced it.

Back