Nez Perce war (1877) 0 0%
The Civil War (1861-1865) 56 70.00%
Wakarusa War (1855, 1856) 0 0%
War with Mexico a.k.a Mexican-American War (1846-1848) 0 0%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

--

June 7th, 2004  
Damien435

Civial War, that was easy, it is the very first thing they tell you when you start the Civil War section in History "Over 500,000 troops died, more than any other war in American History." Then at the end they always say "And it was so bloody that the American People decided to never fight another Civil War." They say it like they are telling bed time story to a little kid too.
June 7th, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Civial War, that was easy, it is the very first thing they tell you when you start the Civil War section in History "Over 500,000 troops died, more than any other war in American History." Then at the end they always say "And it was so bloody that the American People decided to never fight another Civil War." They say it like they are telling bed time story to a little kid too.
It also had the worst kill ratio ever: over 50.000 Americans to 0.
July 8th, 2004  
PFCMiller

Topic: by far

the world all together lost more people than all the other wars put together
--
July 9th, 2004  
Claymore

Quote:
Sorry but Sharpsburg didn't make the top 10 although you're right there were a staggering 23,100 casualties.
The Battle of Antietam and the Battle of Sharpesburg are one and the same. The North tended to name the battles after landmarks (Like Antietam Creek) while the South tended to name the battles after the nearby towns or cities (Like the town of Sharpesburg).

IMHO the Civil War was the bloodiest AMERICAN war.
July 14th, 2004  
Young Winston

The Civil War. A terrible tragedy.
July 15th, 2004  
DTop

Topic: Correction

You're right Claymore, my mistake. While not the bloodiest battle, Sharpsburg/Antietam is counted as the bloodiest single day of the war.
http://www.rockingham.k12.va.us/EMS/...m/antietam.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore
Quote:
Sorry but Sharpsburg didn't make the top 10 although you're right there were a staggering 23,100 casualties.
The Battle of Antietam and the Battle of Sharpesburg are one and the same. The North tended to name the battles after landmarks (Like Antietam Creek) while the South tended to name the battles after the nearby towns or cities (Like the town of Sharpesburg).

IMHO the Civil War was the bloodiest AMERICAN war.
August 13th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Considering that there is a CORRECT answer to this one, why is it a poll? More Americans died in the Civil War than any other war in our history.

Quote:
And the drunk's side won despite all the shortcomings. Now don't that beat all?
Okay, you go get the army, I'll bring the beer ... NOBODY CAN STOP US! Bwahahahahaha!
August 17th, 2004  
Hannibal16

The civil war
August 18th, 2004  
SLR owner

The way the question is phrased deals with the bloodiest war in US history , and hands down it would be the Civil war.
May 4th, 2005  
Desert_Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi!
One of you guys was wondering about the spelling of a battle:

Antietam

I think WW2 was. Although i dont know a loit about the CW. I thought that the reason was that there were more American casualties that died in the Civil War than in any other war. I thought WW2 would be because you have: America 8)
Britain
France............."Resistance"
Germany
Italy
Canada
Russia
Japan
I Dont know if there is more but...
I would think that WW2 would have the most casualties.Hmmmm. Maybe im wrong. Correct me if im wrong.
Yes, but we're talking about strictly US causalities.