what I want to be

USAFAUX2004

Right now I am stuck between Marines, AF Pilot, AF Special Ops., and The 101. I really want to fly but sometimes i really want to serve my country the traditional way of the foot soldier.

If you can be a pilot, you should be that.
Heck there are plenty of guys you can turn into soldiers or Marines. You need to have so many qualifications to become a pilot.
No disrespect guys, I'm looking to be a grunt myself (though I hear I might be shoved into another role... but can't really say).

I know I really should, but for some reason i dont feel like being miles above the frontline, i feel like i should be on the frontline

i feel the same way... i signed my i go to meps on monday and my mos is in data systems... after i took my prac asvab my Marine recruiter said that i should look at a job that i could use when i got out (if i don't go career) but it feels like i am taking the easy way out... but at the same time some of the things i already know how to do those guys in the line of fire need to survive. catch 22 i think... guess we'll see after the asvab on monday.

;)

I want to fly...I want to fight...what should i choose?
I don't feel like providing cover, i feel like getting cover.
i don't think i am cut out for a pilot, bt something keeps me pushing towards it...strange

well maybe you can get it all.

enlist in the Army in some combat arms MOS for 4 years. Get your E-5, apply to warrent officer school and become a pilot. Then you could fly missions for SF.

Dont get greedy dude. Straight up, you cant do it all, choose wisely as for me I only have one suggestion to you "Rangers Lead the Way!".

HOOAH! :cowb:

drilldownmaster2004 said:
Nah Airborne more than rangers

All Rangers are airborne.

My suggestion to you would be research a lot. Learn about as many MOSes as possible, get a grasp of what is and is not possible within each. You are going to find that military life is nothing as the movies portray it, and if you are serious about joining - you better get serious about your research. It's good to have dreams, but you also have to set realistic limits.

You have the same idea I do. Which is why I'm looking at 97B in the Army. If I can successfully switch my MOS when my enlistment is done I'm definetly applying for WO Flight Training. As an Airborne CI Agent you are inserted with SF forces. They have AAS under their belt so they insert with Army SF. I think that's the route I'm going to take. The reason I'm taking the enlistment route is because they'll only pay for my school if I go enlisted. I'd go for ROTC, but that's a lot more complicated than you think when it comes to picking pilots from that route. Pilots, particulary for the AF and Navy, are selected out of the Academies first, then those in OCS/OTS, then ROTC.

As far as flying goes, if you want to stay in the action as a pilot, helo pilots are as close as you can get to the action. Not to bash fixed wing fly boys, but 30k feet isn't my idea of being "in the thick of things."

egoz said:
well thats thing I already have 22+hours under my belt in an airplane so im shooting for that

are you trying to get your PPL?
Yes I am shooting exactly for that!

cool, i'm working on mine too. i haven't been able to be very consistent about it because of school, but i should have it done before the end of the year.

You shouldn't worry about these things at 15. Anyway, if you want the best of both, be a army aviation load master (thats what it's called in Australia anyway). Basically what I mean is be a door gunner on a Blackhawk.

Try to do a work experience like activity at both jobs, then see which one you like best.

Back