what I want to be

--

November 4th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

Right now I am stuck between Marines, AF Pilot, AF Special Ops., and The 101. I really want to fly but sometimes i really want to serve my country the traditional way of the foot soldier.
November 4th, 2004  
A Can of Man

If you can be a pilot, you should be that.
Heck there are plenty of guys you can turn into soldiers or Marines. You need to have so many qualifications to become a pilot.
No disrespect guys, I'm looking to be a grunt myself (though I hear I might be shoved into another role... but can't really say).
November 4th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

I know I really should, but for some reason i dont feel like being miles above the frontline, i feel like i should be on the frontline
--
November 4th, 2004  
implicature

i feel the same way... i signed my i go to meps on monday and my mos is in data systems... after i took my prac asvab my Marine recruiter said that i should look at a job that i could use when i got out (if i don't go career) but it feels like i am taking the easy way out... but at the same time some of the things i already know how to do those guys in the line of fire need to survive. catch 22 i think... guess we'll see after the asvab on monday.

November 5th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

I want to fly...I want to fight...what should i choose?
I don't feel like providing cover, i feel like getting cover.
i don't think i am cut out for a pilot, bt something keeps me pushing towards it...strange
November 5th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

well maybe you can get it all.

enlist in the Army in some combat arms MOS for 4 years. Get your E-5, apply to warrent officer school and become a pilot. Then you could fly missions for SF.
November 5th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

sounds like aplan but I do not think i wan to fly for army i want F-35 and F-22
November 5th, 2004  
ACTaFOOL82

Dont get greedy dude. Straight up, you cant do it all, choose wisely as for me I only have one suggestion to you "Rangers Lead the Way!".

HOOAH!
November 5th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

Nah Airborne more than rangers
November 5th, 2004  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by drilldownmaster2004
Nah Airborne more than rangers

If your talking Raids and quick strike missions........No it would be the Rangers.