What the US Should've Done...

I'm 14 I'm not dumb. Diplomatic tensions were heating up because the Iranian revolution. And by revolution I mean election of Mohammad Blahbady blah forgot his last name and he pretty much made Iran abundant with oil. The oil was actually belonging to a company in the UK. Then the US thought that it was unfair how Mohammad wanted to keep the oil ALL to Iran so they needed to get rid of his presidency. They put this other guy in charge and this other guy didn't let go of office and became a dictator then this guy died and after he died the hostage crisis began because new leaders thought the US would invade the country so they took everyone in the embassy hostage. You were 14 too don't forget. If I could make myself older I would...

I'm 14 I'm not dumb. Diplomatic tensions were heating up because the Iranian revolution. And by revolution I mean election of Mohammad Blahbady blah forgot his last name and he pretty much made Iran abundant with oil. The oil was actually belonging to a company in the UK. Then the US thought that it was unfair how Mohammad wanted to keep the oil ALL to Iran so they needed to get rid of his presidency. They put this other guy in charge and this other guy didn't let go of office and became a dictator then this guy died and after he died the hostage crisis began because new leaders thought the US would invade the country so they took everyone in the embassy hostage. You were 14 too don't forget. If I could make myself older I would...
Actually the Shah did not die, he was forced into exile by the revolution. Carter's attempts to free the hostages were unsuccessful, but he did pretty much the only thing he could. A unit was sent in to try and free the hostages, but that attempt failed (Eagle Claw). Anything larger could have precipitated war, which the US had neither the capacity nor the will to fight that soon after Vietnam. It's perceived that the Iranians may have actually held out longer on the release of the hostages to further punish Carter for having supposedly strongly supporting the Shah.

And by the way, age has no bearing to me. I'll debate you as seriously if you're 14 or 41.

Back