What "US Army" Stands For...

AJChenMPH

Forum Health Inspector
AT FORT JACKSON, S.C., a friend of mine was waiting for his discharge. After yet another bureaucratic delay, he pointed to the U.S. ARMY insignia on his clothing and told me, "You know what this stands for? 'Uncle Sam Ain't Released Me Yet.'"

--Contributed to "Humor In Uniform" by Edward Lozano

Courtesy of Reader's Digest.

U.S.M.C stands for Uncle Sam's Misguided Children, or Uncle Sam's Mountain Climbers, just depends on whether or not one is a Marine, or what a Marine has said about the Army at the time.

There's another we used to toss around, but it's rated X.

And another one I heard while a discharged soldier was waiting to be sent home and was told to do something or other; U.S. ARMY = Uncle Sam Already Released Me Yesterday.

My Drill Sgt always said to read "U.S. Army" backwards to see the hidden meaning: Yes My Retarded A** Signed Up.

Ain't
Ready (to be)
Marines
Yet

Personally, the Army is good with me, lot's of good folks in there too and they do a great job. I am not trying to bust on the Army here, just sharing what I've heard through the years.

U
Suckers (are gonna)
Miss
Christmas

Last edited:
Other USMC jokes I have heard (some from Marines!)

Useless/Unlimited
Suffering (and)
Mass
Confusion

Uncle
Sam's
Migrating
Chimpanzees

I'm just saying! :smile:

Yes, My Retarded A** Signed Up (Again!) says it all sometimes ;-).
However, I would not trade anything for the experiences I have had, the people I have met and the opportunities the Army has given me.

Last edited:
Back